UK Battery Builders?

4r3st3r

1 mW
Hi,

I am in need of a battery to go in my e-moped build, however looking about online I am not sure how to go about getting one made (and from the sounds of it the initial costs of buying the kit and learning how to self-build is not really worth it???!). The problem I am facing is that I need a pack that can provide me with about 100A CC, and most batteries I find are not really capable of outputting that much power continuously?

Full specs i need are:
48V
100A CC
150A PC
20ah +

The only other thought I have had is going with pouch cells (like these https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/2315562939...ieD11s3D3E-bYbEKIKy140P4T2mgSx9BoCRQ0QAvD_BwE) as they appear to have a higher C-rate and so will give me the continuous discharge that I need?, but I can find no one online who can build me a proper pack out of these?

I welcome any and all advice - you guys are the best knowledge-base on the internet!
Thanks!

Maybe consider using 2x 6s LiPo packs in series. They come in various AH and C ratings.

I'm running 2x 6S16AH on a trials motor bike. I'm not using a BMS, just cell checkers with low voltage warning.

Attachments

• 20140911154434111.jpg
    20140911154434111.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 526
c70r said:
How much space do you have to work with?

Not very much at all, it is a rough triangle shape measuring 320x260x330mm from the side and 120mm wide. Not quite sure how many Ah I can expect to get out of that small a space, but I am hoping for around 30Ah? Is this reasonable?

rynhardt said:
Maybe consider using 2x 6s LiPo packs in series. They come in various AH and C ratings.

I'm running 2x 6S16AH on a trials motor bike. I'm not using a BMS, just cell checkers with low voltage warning.

Thanks, I will defo look into that - do you have any recommendations for reputable sellers? I suppose I could use my controller as a low voltage checker - especially since if only one of the cells go it is not that expensive to replace them?

Back