*Video* Ebikeling 48v 1500 watt kit troubleshooting

Neo2172

100 mW
Not sure if anyone has experience with the Ebikeling waterproof kits... I recently put together a bike with one of the 1500 watt kits. I was able to get one 10 mile ride in; during that ride every now and then I would get error code 8 on the display (throttle error). But I was able to let off the throttle and re engage, and it would work again after a few tries... I was able to get back home. So I contacted Ebikeling and they recommended I disconnect and reconnect all the connections tightly which I did. After reconnecting everything and powering up the display now reads error code 10 (Hall sensor error) instead of error code 8. The bike will no longer spin the motor when you hit the throttle. However, (see video) when you flex this one section of wire the bike will take off full speed ll by itself even with the speed setting on 0. Am I correct in thinking that a new wiring harness will resolve my issue, and that the halls in the motor are fine, or do you think I possibly have another issue? Appreciate any help, and plan on making a build thread on this bike in the future!

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzpGcPKxqTg&feature=youtu.be

Link to kit: https://ebikeling.com/collections/conversion-kit/products/waterproof-kit-48v-1500w-26-700c-direct-drive-front-rear?variant=23328285622336

"when you flex this one section of wire the bike will take off full speed ll by itself"

You have a wiring issue, probably the throttle wires shorting out making the motor spin.
I would see if there are any nicks on the outter casing of the cable, do the bend test again and again trying to pinpoint the exact spot.
Then open the casing of the cable and go from there.

Yes, you can order a new cable or just fix it with whatever you have, Home Depot would have low voltage wiring for your throttle and halls. If the throttle and halls are in one cable, then open it up and see whats going on.

You have more than one wire damaged, almost cut. One is the throttle neutral, the other has to be one of the hall wires. Should be visible if you inspect them carefully. Cut in the dent, twist splice, one drop if solder, tape.

A very common throttle fault is that the motor goes full throttle if you break the ground lead. This is good news. It means your controller and motor are good. Swap out that cable between the throttle/controller.

Back