New duct tape suppliers?

Link

1 MW
So there have been a few new suppliers for duct tape LiFePO4 packs over the past weeks. This one caught my eye with the stupidly low price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Valence-48V-15A...ryZ11332QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anybody bought from them? The other cells for sale appear to be individually cased, interestingly...

If the price doesn't go to high I may snag a 48V and a 36V pack. See how the BD36 likes 12 more volts 8).

Excuse the ignorance, but what is the problem with these packs ?

The fine print says the 1500 cycle is achieved at 1C .. hmmm
No charger and no BMS by the look of it. Might be a good starting point *IF* the cells are ok and the seller is anywhere near as reliable as ping.

They could be bogus, they could be "walking out the back door", they could be authentic, but in violation of a tight production agreement with Valence.

The seller is new... very new. I'd wait and see how long they last. :?

Disclaimer: I hold stock in Valence. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

New vendor, less than 100 buyer reviews, all positive without exception.

Scammer.

E-bay is broken.

I think so too ...with a name like greatmissing for a company lol...it could be ana or someone else wanting to catch someone they did not like just once loll

OK I just bought 3 packs. This was a fluke on my part because I did not expect them to take my offer of $325 per pack. The total cost with shipping was $1140.00 that is $380 per pack. This was on a $499 or best offer post on eBay for a 36-volt 15 AH pack. I have a tracking number which shows the batteries have been shipped. I'll let you all know when they get here and what I think of them. I guess I get to be the Ginny pig for this one.

Here is what the tracking revels;
2008-05-09 22:54:00 GUANGZHOU dispatch from Sorting Center

Grandpa Chas S.

Good luck.

^ Pretty much my reaction when Chas first posted about them on V. We're interested in how this goes, Gramps :wink:.

In the last 3 mn on e-bay, the bid raised by 70 % :(
Surprisingly, some of the seller's reviews coming from different people are exactly the same ; on some other reviews there are the same spelling mistakes.

It's good to see LIFEPO4 batteries selling for half the retail price, no matter how shaky the dealer first appears. This helps drive the price down.
Think about it, the seller is probably getting 36 volt LIFEPO4 batteries for under $250 :shock: , otherwise it's not worth the hassle for him. That just proves once again how economical this chemistry will hopefully get in the near futur.

I sure hope "Chas" gets good mileage from these packs.

Another rat just ran off with some cheese. :lol:

I can't help but keep thinking someone out there working at a factory, has access to the cells that don't pass the test, made for X company for Y product, and instead of throwing them away or recycling them, they get sold to the low bidder who then does whatever the hell he wants with it. Those cells that work, but don't do perfect discharge graph requirements are still working, but god knows for how long.

When you buy something expensive at a retail store, it comes wrapped in a fancy foam shipping box, with detailed manual on how to use it, " Don't put this in the microwave " , and if you have a problem you take it back and swap it out for a new one...

What happens with the one you took back ? :wink:

Ypedal said:
When you buy something expensive at a retail store, it comes wrapped in a fancy foam shipping box, with detailed manual on how to use it, " Don't put this in the microwave " , and if you have a problem you take it back and swap it out for a new one...

What happens with the one you took back ? :wink:
DocBass gets it for free and turns it into gold... :mrgreen:

:arrow: We should create a poll:

"How many people think this ebay offer is a scam?"

...and see the results.

Hi Chas,

I think what you have bought are 3 packs each made of 120 18650 cells, 10P12S, no BMS. You'd better ask the vendor to provide you specifications of the cell so that you could choose a BMS to protect your cells.

BTW, there're many similar packs in China.

Good Luck.

They do, in fact. Nothing at all like Valence's black/dark blue color scheme.

Agreed that there's virtually no chance of them being Valence batts. Some of the best (if not THE best) batteries around are also the cheapest? :?

Still, if they even come close to the claims made in the eBay page, they're well worth the buy.

Here is another one; Not Duct tape... something with a hard case:
http://cgi.ebay.com/36V-20AH-Electric-Scooter-E-Bike-Li-Fe-LiFePO4-Battery_W0QQitemZ320251660380QQihZ011QQ

If you need a Kaspersky antivirus licence, Greatmissing sells this kind of thing : http://cgi.cafr.ebay.ca/New-Kaspersky-Anti-Virus-KAV-7-0-One-Year-LICENSE_W0QQitemZ220226713067QQihZ012QQcategoryZ3805QQcmdZViewItem

Back