New duct tape suppliers?

RLT said:
Here is another one; Not Duct tape... something with a hard case:
http://cgi.ebay.com/36V-20AH-Electric-Scooter-E-Bike-Li-Fe-LiFePO4-Battery_W0QQitemZ320251660380QQihZ011QQ
Unfortunately, the case is not included (see other members questions)...

That seller is now selling sauna belts! I hope ping stays around. So far he is the only supplier to continue to sell the duct tape belts and has good customer service. :D

tifalou said:
RLT said:
Here is another one; Not Duct tape... something with a hard case:
http://cgi.ebay.com/36V-20AH-Electric-Scooter-E-Bike-Li-Fe-LiFePO4-Battery_W0QQitemZ320251660380QQihZ011QQ
Unfortunately, the case is not included (see other members questions)...

Oh. Interesting.
Those other photos didn't show up when I looked earlier..... In fact, come to think of it, the photo at the top was different too. Glad I didn't bid.

Well,

For what it's worth here is the latest tracking informations;

2008-05-09 14:00:00 - City of Guangzhou - Posting
  2008-05-09 14:59:00 - City of Guangzhou - Despatch from Sorting Center
  2008-05-09 18:34:00 - GUANGZHOU - Arrival at Sorting Center
  2008-05-09 22:54:00 - GUANGZHOU - Despatch from Sorting Center
  2008-05-11 17:02:00 - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USORDA - Arrival at Sorting Center
  2008-05-11 17:03:00 - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USORDA - Handed over to Customs
  2008-05-12 12:58:00 - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USORDA - Released from Customs

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Grandpa Chas S.

So far no news, I am beginning to get worried, I have tried to contact the seller 3 times with no response.

Grandpa Chas S.

UPDATE: UPS has it on a truck somewhere between here, southern Illinois, and the inbound port, wherever that is!

Grandpa Chas S.

Just checked the tracking and it tells me the batteries are in St. Louis Mo. Less than 100 miles from their destination.

Grandpa Chas S.

Hello folks,

I'm a new poster but have read your many post and find the forum is a wealth of information, so I figure its time to share.
I bought from this supplier as well around the same time Chas did, and I was a surprised these batteries arrived in good shape. I had my doubts after reading this thread. The batteries were shipped from China on 23 May, and arrive here in Calgary, Canada 28 May.

I purchased the 48V 15Ah version. They arrived pretty much as I had expected from the description. They came in 2 24V duct tape wrap packs wired together in series. Each 24 volt pack has 88 cells in (what I am guessing is) a 8s11p configuration. Batteries were charged on arrival to 50+ volts.

The batteries did not come with a charger or BMS, but this is how they were advertised so there is no surprise there. There are no balancing leads, so I will likely be dissecting the packs. All in all though, I was pleasantly surprised. Crossing my fingers that the cells last.

Rob_M

Great i am very happy for you and grandpa chas if he received them ...he probably will ...could you show us a picture ,...are they foil pouch or hard cell and was that the pack saying it was by valence without charger

According to the tracking information it took 12 days for my battery packs to get from China to St. Louis, Mo. I have contacted USPS in St. Louis and all they say is they are scheduled for delivery. It has now been 17 days. How can it take over 17 days to go less than 100 miles and only 12 days to go 8000 miles? I have asked them this question and I can't get a real answer. If I knew their location in St. Louis I think I would drive over there and find the jerk in-charge and make him get my package. But I am afraid I would be the one to go postal. Still waiting on the stupid US postal service.
smile_078.gif

Not a Happy camper,
Grandpa Chas S.

I haven't seen Grandpa Chas recently posting here so... does anyone know if he's received them and how they've held up? If you're Grandpa Chas, you're allowed to answer too. :p

Back