Thunder Power knockoff.. or just cheaper ?

Those are a few years old. I would be suspect of the parts having looser tolerances, but maybe it is the exact same and not branded.

Other than a 7 Day Return policy- Is there any warranty ???? I didn't see it listed.

Best,

Don Harmon :mrgreen:

Warranty on batteries? Who would do such a crazy thing :lol: :roll:

Update !!

I just got back from the post office, i have my Charger and ballancer in hand.

No duties, no brokerage !! yay !

Looks identical to the original 1010C, apart from the stickers. same for the ballancer.. plugs, wires, connections, all look identical.

Only question left to answer is " What's Inside ? " .. find out later tonight ! :wink:

I can't think of anyone better to poke around it!

I went to the iHobby show in Chi town this weekend. There was an importer there and I got to poke around it a bit. Seemed good from the outside. Also made more hookups on lithium batteries 8)

The real test will be to see if you can load the latest TP software into the charger.

I've always loved this charger/balancer combo, but thought Charlie charged too much. I know what he pays the company in Korea to make these. He did buy in very large quantities, though.

Yeah.. i love my 1st 1010C charger, i have to send it to TP hadquarters for a fan replacement and the software upgrade ( got the USB programmer on ebay, my PC refuses to install the correct drivers, tried on 3 different machines, XP and Vista, with TP tech support on the phone as well.. so this 2nd unit can keep me on the road while i ship No.1 for repairs )

Only problem i have had so far is that when you charge for example a 4 series pack of Konions that are 100 % discharged ( 3.0v per cell ) the charger does " Initial Charge " for 4 + cycles before full current charging takes place .. even when you hold down the ( + ) to confirm cell count when the ballancer is not hooked up..

Anyone know if i can safely hook up both chargers to the same 12v power supply ? :lol:

Ypedal said:
Anyone know if i can safely hook up both chargers to the same 12v power supply ? :lol:

Yes, they are isolated, so no problem. You do, however, need a 12v supply that can put out enough current. You will need 12-13A per charger. I've had no problem using two TP-1010C chargers with a 12V/25A supply from Radio Shack.

Each production batch of the TP1010Cs had slight differences, but were functionally identical. When you power the new one up, does it display a version number for the software? I'm still betting you will be able to load the latest software into this one and it will work fine.

When powered up, display says : TP 1010C 2.3a ! :D

Power supply should be ok as well ! I usually charge at 4 amps(36v) = 12 amps at 12v x 2 for 24, rated for 26 :lol: .. Might have to step it down to 3.5a at 36v lol..

Or buy a 2nd power supply... hmmmm.

Attachments

• Powersupply.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 722
Back