What water proof connectors do you use?

auraslip

10 MW
I have a front hub kit, and the wire runs all the way to the controller.

To take off the wheel I have to undo a bunch of zip ties and it's a pain.

I'd like to have just one connector on the fork, but it needs to be water proof.

What are my options? I already have some anderson powerpoles, but I don't think they are water proof.

i use andersons with dialectric grease.... works for me... the grease is available at most auto supply stores :D

It'll look cool 8) just make sure you have it keyed so you can't plug it in one column over or something.
Pre adding 4 more to my bundle
AndersonPlug.jpg

You might be able to make a harness by sliding them together in a sort of wide inverted u so it is flat and then has one leg on each side to sort of wrap around the fork?
Super crappy illustration
andersonpic.JPG
I'm been crimping 24awg by stripping extra and folding it over itself a few times then using a 15 amp end. I need to use a flat screwdriver to get it into the harness but I like having all andersons in a block rather then different connector types.

What I do is use velcro ties instead of the zip ties. Easy to remove and mess with stuff, and put back. I still like a couple zip ties on the fork though after a loose wire got into the tire and rubbed through. But it cuts down on all the ties on the frame by a lot.

you can encase the andersons in innertube and seal each end with a ziptie.

If this is something that you want to have set-up for quick disconnect I would overlap 2 pieces of inner tube to each other to create a seal.

Something like this:

Attachments

• Cheap Waterproofing.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 273
O6TSc.jpg

xR66d.jpg

I didn't think this would work, but it is nice and tight!

The picture makes it look bigger and uglier than it is. Hey it's free right?

To open it up you just roll the tube back. Easy as a sarah lee frozen pie.

Back