Rocket Bike

marty

1 MW
For those of you who did not see on the old visforvoltage forum. Here it is.... The Rocket Bike.
rocket_bike.jpg

17 miles a hour with no pedaling
BG85.gif

Stihl - Professional, Top-of-the-line hand-held blower. AIR VELOCITY 183 mph!

History; It all started with a sore left knee. After about 6 miles of pedaling left knee gets sore. Very minor medical problem. Dr Marty does his own medical work. Tie leaf blower to rear rack with bungee cords. No more sore knee :) Only problem is the NOISE :!: Want pedal assist without noise. Buy Bionx PL350 http://www.bionx.ca Very Happy. Rocket Bike is now a leaf blower. Now we working on Electric Bike Project # 2.

Now that's radical! :D

Marty's next experiment with Newton's Third Law:

Straps a kid armed with a slingshot, blow-tube, and rounds of gumball ammo backwards on the rear rack. Instructs kid to hurl and spit his load at the motorists. If the experiment fails, Marty at least has considerable incentive to pedal like mad. :)

I would be curious to see what happens when you climb a steep hill. Since it's just air, the blower won't overheat if you come to a stall. Would be interesting to see.

You should keep it but upgrade to a clean and quieter electric leaf blower. :)

Naaaw... you should upgrade it to a real rocket cycle like this:

h200106rocketbk_485_2Custom.jpg

or this one:

http://www.tecaeromex.com/esp/bicie.htm

Attachments

• rocket-bicycle.jpg
    rocket-bicycle.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 4,656
Cool steering damper on the white bike. I just upgraded to a dual crown fork and I'm going to fit a damper on my own bike.

A buddy of mine learned how to build a small rocket out of PVC and epoxy components last year. Never though of applying the info to a bike.

fetcher said:
Naaaw... you should upgrade it to a real rocket cycle like this:

Yah, then go ride it around a major international airport. :shock: :)

Ha haaa.. just use sone 18650 li-ion and make them to explode.. you will get some multiple little rockets :D

Doc

Doctorbass said:
Ha haaa.. just use sone 18650 li-ion and make them to explode.. you will get some multiple little rockets :D

Doc

Been there, done that -- the big flaming explosion I expected was more like a little smokey fizzle. Ho hum, *Yawn*. Those internal PTC fuses actually work... :)

Back