E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Road Hog 24 x 3

http://custommotoredbicycles.com/schwalbe_big_apple_29er_29_x_23526inch_tires_colors_x_210_or_x_1_38road_hog_24inch_x_3inch

Road Hog 24 x 3.jpg

remf said:
Nirve FatAss :D

http://www.bikeworldusa.com/product_info.php/products_id/3244

Remf, do you plan on trying this tire out on your Bomber?

Villain, the Bombers have been putting out way more than the 4.5kw for years now. Looks like screen shot you posted is noting a more accurate figure now, with the exception of the 8000 meters. Should say up to 80 Kilometers.

Rix said:
proper159 said:
Rix said:
Looks sano Proper, I would have attacked the crack the same way. Good on your local welder.
Feeling a lot better! Now I gotta deal with my tires wearing down within a week! Halo Contras aren't as durable as Duros...thoughts?

If you are doing lots of road riding, the Felt Bicycles Thick Brick 24x3.00 tire would be your best bet for big heavy duty bicycle options. SRT (aka Theodor Voltaire) has been running them and says they last. Other wise, MC rim and tire option are probably your best bet.

Rick
Yep it's looking like MC option in the winter off season. Wore down the Halo Contras in about a week and a half give or take.

Remf, good tips, I'm also looking to get the Wasp Cam which streams live video to a phone or the included watch. If I'm tucked in close to my handle bars for wind (which I'm often finding I am when I ride) I could probably get a good view of what is going on behind me. Trying to avoid putting a mirror on my bike.

korywb88 said:
Looking at picking up myself a Stealth Bomber, still figuring out finance options. Chose a great day to go into Bike Zone and met Proper159 who told me about this forum. Thanks again dude and will be looking forward to tuning in for all my technical needs.
Welcome Kory to the forums. Before I got my Bomber I actually read every post from page 1 of the thread. Took me a while but I sure learned a lot before I took the plunge. Depending on your needs, both the Bomber and the Fighter can fill the gap. Reading about Rix and his Fighter set up might make you decide between the two since your commute is about 5 km and I assume you come from a MTB background.

Rix said:
remf said:
Nirve FatAss :D

http://www.bikeworldusa.com/product_info.php/products_id/3244

I have one of these at home sitting a a 24x3 wide cruiser rim laced to a 5403. I was planning to use it for a cruiser project but never got around to it.
I might throw it on the raptor as a road going wheel, maybe for the upcoming hunter EV festival if I go along. You going again this year quiet rush ? Any other stealth guys going ?

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
Rix said:
Yah that Freeride KTM 250 is a sweet looking trail bike. It has a similar exhaust to Trials motorcycles which gives it a super torquey power band down low and flattens out on top. I haven't seen any dyno numbers on the 250 free ride yet but I am sure its not putting out anything over 25HP 18-19KW. That muffler and exhaust system wont let it, but it will pull down to idle like a tractor. Yah, its super light and I would love to have one. Not sure when and if KTM will import them to the US.

i think MexicanBatman has a KTM Freeride (ICE)..
not sure of his location though.. im guessing mexico???

https://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23996&start=4600#p776122

i think the freeride will come to the us.. but when???
i want one!

http://www.ktm.com/us/freeride/freeride-350/highlights.html

KTM Freeride 350 Gets CARB and EPA Approval : http://blog.motorcycle.com/2013/03/...-ktm-freeride-350-gets-carb-and-epa-approval/

there are some threads etc from freeride owners listed here :
http://www.rickramsey.net/FR350.htm
very pleased - the Freeride 350 that was stolen from me in Feb this year was recovered, went to a police auction yesterday (as insurance had paid me out). There was a lot of interest in it, but I got it back for $2.5k. Will have to spend a bit to get it road legal again, and replace the tyres / tires back to off road (someone in their wisdom changed them to Battleax's), but glad to get it back - easiest bike to ride off road I have ever had.
This is what it currently looks like - could make a good motard, if that's what I wanted!freeride.jpg

remf said:
Rix said:

Rick I'm going to put a HeavyAss Shinko on the Bomber but maybe FatAsses on the Fighter.

Nice Remf, wont regret that Shinko that's for sure. Let me/us know how you like it.

PRW, glad you got your freeride back. Hopefully the turd that stole it is behind bars.

Rick

Selling my Fighter to fund other projects:(

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=61891&p=924487#p924487

proper159 said:
korywb88 said:
Looking at picking up myself a Stealth Bomber, still figuring out finance options. Chose a great day to go into Bike Zone and met Proper159 who told me about this forum. Thanks again dude and will be looking forward to tuning in for all my technical needs.
Welcome Kory to the forums. Before I got my Bomber I actually read every post from page 1 of the thread. Took me a while but I sure learned a lot before I took the plunge. Depending on your needs, both the Bomber and the Fighter can fill the gap. Reading about Rix and his Fighter set up might make you decide between the two since your commute is about 5 km and I assume you come from a MTB background.

hahah Ive deff read a bit so far. Going into bike zone to see what my finance payments would be, this will deff help me make my decision. I think im leaning towards the bomber even at the extra expense. The excitement is building, just want to get the order underway and get this baby home.

korywb88 said:
proper159 said:
korywb88 said:

hahah Ive deff read a bit so far. Going into bike zone to see what my finance payments would be, this will deff help me make my decision. I think im leaning towards the bomber even at the extra expense. The excitement is building, just want to get the order underway and get this baby home.

This is what I am talking about!!!! Priorities. Like I just told my live in girlfriend, just because I have a girlfriend, doesn't mean I would have a Stealth, but because I have a Stealth, I can always get a girlfriend. Now as I type this, getting the silent treatment drinking an adult beverage,and enjoying my Friday night. :mrgreen: :lol:

Rix said:
PRW, glad you got your freeride back. Hopefully the turd that stole it is behind bars.

Rick

thanks Rick

the guy that stole it painted over the VIN number and sold it. The buyer tried to get it registered, which flagged it up as stolen, and the police collected it. The police were told who he bought it from, but he is still trying to recover his money, and the police are not sure they will get a conviction, as it is a case of he said/ she said. It must be very frustrating sometimes to be in law enforcement...

Rix said:
korywb88 said:
proper159 said:
korywb88 said:

This is what I am talking about!!!! Priorities. Like I just told my live in girlfriend, just because I have a girlfriend, doesn't mean I would have a Stealth, but because I have a Stealth, I can always get a girlfriend. Now as I type this, getting the silent treatment drinking an adult beverage,and enjoying my Friday night. :mrgreen: :lol:

Lol I told my lady that if I got a Bomber, I could visit her more:D

Exactly Proper, like I have been saying all along to my girlfriend, having Stealth Ebikes can and will improve couples relationships. This is because the which ever half is riding the Stealth, he or she will be in a better state of mind and happier, thus, bringing some harmony from at least one side of the relation ship. Even my girlfriend, by her own admission, told me she loves when I get time to ride, because I am more cheerful after. I am guilty of letting the job get to me sometimes, Fighter/Bomber/Ebike therapy is the best therapy. :mrgreen:

Here my latest short vid. Good ride up north of Boise around Deep Point and Schafer Butte.

Rick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xudfnV6sN9M

Attachments

• end pic.jpg
    end pic.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 1,390
looks like a great location, and the mix of onboard and fixed videos makes it very interesting - thanks, makes me want to go and ride right now!

Rod and PRW, thanks for the comments, starting to understand camera stuff better. The self shots, to much straight on angle. Need to move off to the side more, we will get it down though.

Be amazing if a motocross helmet could integrate everything into a HUD linked to Cycle Analyst and your phone like the upcoming Skully helmet for motorcyclists.

Right now I'm trying to see if I can do this with the Recon Smith I/O and a contour camera facing behind me. Be great in the trails in Boise Rix, but on the road it would be so clutch!

http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/hands-on-with-the-worlds-first-hud-motorcycle-helmet-1608590926

Allex said:
Nice vid Rick, great tune that fits too! Would love to ride there. I need to put out some videos from this country side also.

Yes you do Allex, been waiting to see your super fast high powered Bomber in action.

Damn Proper that would be trick. Reminds me, have you ever seen the movie "Time Rider, the adventures of Lyle Swan" That movie was made in 1982 staring Fred ward and Peter Coyote. He had a tricked out 79 Yamaha XT500 that was way way ahead of its time. The movie bike cost over 30,000 bucks to make in 1982 dollars. Anyway the helmet with the HUD in that movie would be perfect for electric bikes. Except in stead of RPM have real time watt hour consumption display along with MPH and distance traveled. I wouldn't need the magnification view or direction of travel. Like the XT500, that helmet was made by Bell systems specifically for that movie as well.

Has anyone tried the MT2 brakes and MT4s or MT8s that stealth offer as an upgrade back to back ?
Visually they all look pretty identical so I'm wondering where / what the performance benefit is (other than the bragging rights and trivial weight savings that come with the carbon bits on the MT8). I see the benefit of new MT5s and 7s which are quad piston vs the others being 2 piston but with the others it's not so immediately apparent.

Visually the Magura MT2s look like quite a step down from the old 6 pot Gator brakes stealth used to spec but obviously these lil Maguras DO perform. And presumably better too!

Oh and yeah another nice vid Rick. Getting the hang of editing now ? The nicer you want to make the vids the more time consuming it is hey!

Back