150+C high power cells

liveforphysics said:
The Mighty Volt said:
Thanks.

I have made tenuous inquiry about getting a sample of 50 cells from China, for testing. I will then take suggestions on how to test them, and will post results here.

Useful cell testing... it's more difficult than pack building by a long shot. lol :)

I could build a very small 36v 2.3Ah pack, and drain it and charge it repeatedly to try and simulate heavy use. That might help us reach a conclusion slightly faster.

The Mighty Volt said:
liveforphysics said:
The Mighty Volt said:
Thanks.

I have made tenuous inquiry about getting a sample of 50 cells from China, for testing. I will then take suggestions on how to test them, and will post results here.

Useful cell testing... it's more difficult than pack building by a long shot. lol :)

I could build a very small 36v 2.3Ah pack, and drain it and charge it repeatedly to try and simulate heavy use. That might help us reach a conclusion slightly faster.

You should ask for the cell specification sheet from the manufacturer directly. This should have all of the relevant data on it already. Did you ask for the data sheet?

PHOSTECH technology was developped in QUEBEC... ( remember hydro-QUEBEC)

Just to let you know.. Hydro-Quebec is our electrical power service compagny and is the first compagny that have developped powerlines up to 735kV...

It's also them that developped the first high power wheel hub motor in 1994 by Pierre Couture. Just one of These motor was able to give torque of 1200Nm!!

Phostech Lithium Inc.
1475, rue Marie-Victorin
St-Bruno de Montarville (Qc), J3V 6B7
Canada

Tel : (450) 653-1810 # 246
Fax : (450) 653-4203
E-mail : info@phostechlithium.com

Saint-Bruno IS IN QUEBEC

not from china.

http://www.phostechlithium.com/clients_service_e.php

A123 have stolen Hydro Quebec Phostech technogy

Doc

Doctorbass said:
PHOSTECH technology was developped in QUEBEC... ( remember hydro-QUEBEC)

Just to let you know.. Hydro-Quebec is our electrical power service compagny and is the first compagny that have developped powerlines up to 735kV...

It's also them that developped the first high power wheel hub motor in 1994 by Pierre Couture. Just one of These motor was able to give torque of 1200Nm!!

Phostech Lithium Inc.
1475, rue Marie-Victorin
St-Bruno de Montarville (Qc), J3V 6B7
Canada

Tel : (450) 653-1810 # 246
Fax : (450) 653-4203
E-mail : info@phostechlithium.com

Saint-Bruno IS IN QUEBEC

not from china.

http://www.phostechlithium.com/clients_service_e.php

A123 have stolen Hydro Quebec Phostech technogy

Doc
Yes Doc Bass, of course you are right! :D The full company name is Phostech Hydro-Quebec. Most people just shorten/abbreviate the name to Phostech but this means Phostech Hydro-Quebec.

The manufacturers of the best LiFePO4 in the world!

BMI said:
....Phostech Hydro-Quebec. The manufacturers of the best LiFePO4 in the world!

How long before we can expect high quality batteries in the $200-250/kwh price range? Also, can we get some data backing up your claim of "best"? We've seen some 100k cycle test reports that weren't Phostech batts.

CroDriver said:
lutach said:
Very expensive. They only design packs and the cost will go from $100K+.

No chance to purchase loose cells? :(

I tried with some US contacts and got nowhere, but I'll be sending a few info to a French contact who told me they can send me a few samples. Just have to wait and see.

4 years passed.
Are these amazing batteries (40176 , Phostech, SAFT or whatelse) now available to the public?
At which price?
Where?

We'll tell you where to buy them, next April fools day. Is it just me over suspicious? This thread was started on April 1 2010.

LOL, yeah 10 years ago it used to be fun for news outlets to post articulate rubbish stories on April fools day, since the internet is still growing and full of new newbs very day this tradition has still been going strong as a fun enjoyable humorous surprise for these people.

I actually do think we are at the point where you dont see it as much as you used to.

Anyway a lot of rubbish stories get picked up by other news outlets 5 days later as real news and so forth.

4 years passed and many datasheets are available on the site , this would be quite a complex april fool 's day.

So we invented the lifepo4, we have lithium mines in Quebec but we dont manufacture any cells here, they make the powder in germany instead of creating jobs right here, how awesome it is that Hydro-Quebec a company paid with my tax $$$ is creating jobs oversea instead of creating them right here in Quebec. This is why Quebec is on the verge of bankrupcy, we do many things but we dont build them here we give the jobs to other people instead.

By the way i'm working for Quebec Lithium and most if not all the production is exported oversea.

It's sad because it's always like that, i bought a new ATV last year, Can-Am Renegade 1000 and it's designed in Quebec, made in mexico, that's sick.

Stomper said:
, i bought a new ATV last year, Can-Am Renegade 1000 and it's designed in Quebec, made in mexico, that's sick.

That because you Canadians get such high pay rates ! :mrgreen:
If you would ride a mule to work, sweat a 14hr day for 5 Peso's, and eat only chilli and cactus root .....
...then they may let you build those luxury goods !! :wink:

Back