• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

2-3 second bursts from PAS

athflying

100 mW
I have the setup in my sig with the exception of just getting a new 48V 13.5 amh battery from Luna Cycle in the same style "Dolphin" case. Prior to this battery, everything worked great except one morning the old battery wouldn't power up and with some help from the board found the battery had some bad cells. Then had a baby (actually just had a second) life got hectic and just couldn't find the time to get everything put back together.

Finally ordered the above mentioned battery and it was plug and play to existing mount. Powered everything up and the display surprisingly seemed to still have all my original settings, mileage, etc. Went for a quick ride and everything seems to be working except PAS. From a dead stop, PAS will kick in for 2-4 seconds and then cut out completely...as I pedal this behavior continues ( 2-3 second bursts of motor assist, then nothing). The normal throttle works great so it seems isolated to the PAS...not sure how best to troubleshoot. I took a look and visually everything seems to be good. All the wiring is intact, etc.

I would go into the C settings on the LCD3 and set C10 to "Y" so all the default C settings get reloaded. Maybe the LCD registers have picked up some inconsistent value while the bike wasn't used for a year. Who knows.

Just as a follow-up, I was able to fix the issue. The sensor has just a little Freeplay and apparently it had slid forward just a touch.i slid it back the PAS is back to normal.

Took a 10 mile ride and was cruising between 25-30 mph no problem. ....until I hit a screw. Went right through the tire and out the sidewall tearing up the rim at same time. Luckily had a spare tube so was able to get home. All in all just happy to be back out riding.

Back