2806 9C at 48v

contador

100 W
Hi all.

I have made my order and waiting for my kit to arrive.A 2806 front 9C with the rear rack 48v 8ah
flat battery.WIll it be a little to fast? I mean,range will be compromised for speed ...no matter how i ride?

thanks

Fast for the first build. 30mph might be possible. Short range with 8ah if you run wot. Pedal much and ride with less speed and your range will be better. 8ah is a small light pack but also small in range. be prepared to get a bigger pack as soon as you get your first E grin :lol:
dan

Yeah, 8ah is not much at all. is this lithium polymer or lifepo4?

If it's not lithium polymer( LiPo ), those batteries are going to have a very short life. Hub motors at that voltage will suck amps quicker than a non-lipo of that size can provide.

Yes, at full throttle, you will see 30 mph if the wheel is 26". You will use a bit more juice to get going than with a 2807, so if the battery range is an issue, then you can help by pedaling the first 10 feet, then hitting the throttle. You should be able to get much much longer range if you ride half speed, like 15 mph when you need to stretch the range. Set a speed, then choose a gear that allows you to pedal up just 1 mph more speed, and you will be in hypermile mode.

8 ah is pretty small. If it's lead batteries, your range may be very short.

Back