• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

3-Wheeler Test w/ VIDEO

mauimart

100 W
We just did our first 'open-road' test of the student-built 3-wheeler EV. It's an old front-end of a GEM car fused to the rear of a motorcycle. It's way over-powered (warp9) for its weight and handling capability. I had it up to 56mph and that's when it started getting a bit squirrely. It felt like there was very little response in the steering at that point with a very good bit of sway to it. The front suspension is way too stiff (designed for a heap of lead-acid batteries up front) and the front tires are mediocre at best. Lots of fun nonetheless. More information can be found at
https://sites.google.com/site/seaburyhallengineering/

Here's a little video of the beast in action.

[youtube]MdhbSF6_5ok[/youtube]

svt/r&d said:
They should use motocycle type wheels also for the front also.

We are planning to upgrade the quality of the front wheels and tires.

Here's some more video with unfinished body kit installed.

[youtube]goaIGej4DWM[/youtube]

Wow, watching that video brought back memories of home. I spent a lot of time cruising those same exact roads. Are you a teacher at Seabury? My niece goes there and I'm trying to get her involved with EVs. How can she get involved in this activity? She rides dirtbikes and I would really like to get her to build an e dirtbike.

My older brother used to go to Seabury, so I used to have to walk up there from Makawao school and wait around for him to finish his activities and take me home. Seeing those shots of the campus are cool.

Back