• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum.
    Please see: Funding drive thread

36V 9A Battery Over Discharged help!

So as the title states, i have a battery pack for a electric bike that seems to be over discharged.
Here are the facts!
1. Battery shows empty on LCD bike monitor.
2. When i plug in charger, the charger shows a full charge indicator LED.
3. I have opened up the battery and the fuse LOOKS intact
4. I know the owner has over ridden it and high chance of over discharged cells.

The battery pack is 36V 9A battery. I will be testing the battery's individual cells through the BMS. The problem is the individual cells are wrapped up tight together and i do not want to take it apart.

From the past, i have read that the only way to charge this pack is by introducing a current enough to push the batteries out of protection mode due to the BMS. Note that i have a Hyperion EOS 1420i NET3 charger as well so if i could someone use that to charge the pack, that would be great.
I can only find details on boosting single Lithium cells using a 9V battery.
My question is would this also work for a battery pack? using a 9V battery or would i need a larger battery?
Second question is where the heck would i introduce the charge?

picture of the battery out of its casing (Not the actual battery, just a picture from the manufacturer)
14tpu79.jpg

You can charge a single cell group with your hyperion. Set to non balancing, 1s.

If it's a 14s hyperion,, you can bypass the bms and charge set to 10s.

Thank you for the help again.

How is this exactly accomplished with the Hyperion?
I have two Anderson connectors attached to the Hyperion.
Would i need to dissemble the pack to charge each series?
I am assuming i would use the contact points on the Hyperion on the top and bottom of each series (making sure it touches before the bms) till the batteries with low charges are above the charger threshold.

One little pet peeve, it should be noted as 9Ah. 9A is a completely different value which isn’t useful here.

Anyway, there’s lotsa ways to attempt a manual charge here, IMO.

But 1st thing I’d do is go through each balance channel (small sense wires) and record the individual cell group voltage. Post that info up here starting from either end of the series string. You should end up with 10 individual cell voltages.

If this is 10 S pack there should be either a total of 11 small wire connections to carry the cell voltages to the BMS or some BMS may use the main + & - for those cells’ sense voltages?

Back