• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

40 mph club

OmI5a97.jpg

Ran the bike HOC to see if all my winter mods were going to fall off or not, decided to do a speed run since they just paved a new section of road and wasn't windy.
Hit 40.1 then I ran out of road :twisted:

ihategeeks said:
OmI5a97.jpg

Ran the bike HOC to see if all my winter mods were going to fall off or not, decided to do a speed run since they just paved a new section of road and wasn't windy.
Hit 40.1 then I ran out of road :twisted:

Barely got in there. Good job nonetheless. Reminds me that I need to post my CA shot to this thread after I finish my bike. :mrgreen:

Been breaking the 40mph for a while on the dual motor hub/mid mount combo and have just recently hit over 60mph!
Just got a new frame to cope with all the stress!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 806
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 806
I wouldn't worry about 1 kph short. Consider yourself in if you get that on the flat.

To get technical, you measure your speed on as flat as possible street. Then make the run both ways and average it. So you don't get in by fudging 3- 5 mph on a tailwind, or .5% grade downhill.

But 39 mph, 40 mph, what's the diff? The bare bones cheap hot rod bike often only hits 40 mph on the first ah of the battery anyway, then voltage drops to about 37 mph. It's still in the 40 mph club, though it only does 35mph for the last third of the ride.

wow its been a while since i started this thread or been on es
congrats to all the 40 mph speeders out here
i have been missing my hobby and will build a new whip this spring
wasp

Back