• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

UNKNOWN CHINESE FRONT HUB MOTOR CLASS, 48v. SLA'S

No motor assist?

Unverified 5mph.

Am I on the podium?

Bob

p.s. must be a reason I put a motor on this thing...

Those unknown hub motors must be pretty cheap. Let me guess.... ebay or something? Nutsandvolts says he's using one too, according to his signature.

13mph, motor and controller off, 408 BIG time cogging :oops:

Blessings, Snow Crow

C'lyte 407 brushless, 22 mph on the flat. I was just going by a long flat area and thought "Hey, this is great. Why don't I test out my top-speed now?", so no particular "special preparations" were made. With special preparations(food wise, warming up and resting, etc.) and a particularly long flat area, I'm guessing I could possibly top 24-25.

its easily me so far...
how long do you have to hold the speed?...a km? a mile? 10miles?
if its just a short burst well over 40mph
i think i have an unfair advantage with my bike though

modified elation/cyclone/lipo 33.3v 700w plus bottom bracket drive
installed on a full carbon road race frame with durace /ultegra/xtr components
flat bars with clip on time trail areo bars
weight 28 pounds/14.7kg!with short range battery pack add about 1kg for long range pack
30 speed
53t 11t top gear
140psi tyre pressure
hed carbon disk rear wheel
hed trispoke carbon front wheel
titanium bb
carbon seat, seat post,bars etc

I can go 20mph for like 2 seconds on my bmx. If that counts. Gotta see about a larger chainring or more gears.

zilla said:
its easily me so far...

weight 28 pounds/14.7kg!with short range battery pack add about 1kg for long range pack
30 speed
53t 11t top gear
140psi tyre pressure
titanium bb

Thanks for listing the specs. No doubt, you have the lightest e-bike. Wish I had 140 psi tires!

zilla said:
its easily me so far...

30 speed
53t 11t top gear
140psi tyre pressure
titanium bb

Out of curiosity, what is your top electric-only speed?

Does the bike make a big difference on climbing too, or does the climb out-weigh the drag? For example, how fast would you normally go up a 20% grade, with normal cadence pedalling (not working up a big sweat).

Its been awile. Anyone have a new record?

26mph on the flat, not motor running, but all components on board (battery included).

I have an advantage, though, because I am riding a recumbent with a freewheeling super light RC motored drive. However, that is why I built it. I cannot even notice the freewheel drag or the extra 12 pounds of equipment added for my e-drive.

So, I am not sure if I qualify for this contest. :D

Matt

Gahhh! I really blow chunks at this one! 15-16 mph max. 408 front hub with 32 lbs battery and tools. 60 psi hybrid pattern tires. Bike weighs 90 lbs. I'm 205 lbs.

Less battery bag and with conventional front wheel I can do low 20's easily for a minute or so. Huge difference.

Bill

Freewheel motors are great. I can hit 21mph.
No record but not bad for an old man. :lol:

D-Man said:
Ok, I'll start. I'm still experimenting with it but I hit 23 mph the other day from a standing start. Takes awhile to get it up to speed with the sla's on board. Thats with a 408 front hub motor. I think the bike weighs about 80 lbs. I might try higher pressure as it was only 40psi.

23 mph? whoa. On the flat? Please tell us your setup. What bike frame and what tires. Thanks.

I can only do about 12 mph before I get really tired and legs start burning. I'm forever greatful to electric bikes because otherwise, I'd be sitting at home everyday unable to go anywhere. I can pedal about 1/2 mile but once I reach that, I get tired and start looking to head home. I'm 32 yrs old and used to be in real good shape but I wasn't blessed with good genetics and have had a lot of muscle injuries over the years both leg and arm so I love these electric bikes because I can see the world again.

Congrats for 30 mph. What tire pressure are you running?

24MPH on a 24V EV Global with 38T chainring and 14T cogs. Ran out of gear and not leg power.
The EVG has a rear Heinzmann geared hub motor with a built in freewheel.

I know it doesn't count, but I reached a top speed of 29mph on my three speed with the motor wound out and me pedalling as fast as I could. Let me tell you that it's not fun going 29mph on a 20 year old rusty bike :lol: It's got a 450w my1018z motor in line with the drive chain, a 250W Razor controller (I think it's holding the motor back, but it works) and two 12v 11ah packs.

28 mph during my 37 mile test. Pretty sure I could get a little higher, I was just trying to maintain a high speed not sprint. Amped bikes kit, 3 12 AH SLAs.

I pedalled up to 25mph on my dad's currie ezip at 40psi with the battery removed.

Um... I assume you mean on level ground? I've exceeded the speed limit (>35) on my eZip, but it was a big downhill. :)

Back