72v 1500W 40A Hua Tong CA08 XM06AD_P04.1 controller

knighty said:
thanks for the reply but I tried those and it still didn't work :-(
Then get one of those $20 brushless motor testers and go from there.

I've stripped it down again and I tried shorting the red and green wires going to the throttle and the wheel shook (didn't spin, shook)

so I've either messed up the throttle or the wiring too it... are the throttles fragile ? - I've got a spare anyway

I tried swapping the blue and green phase wires to the motor and the wheel spun.... but in reverse ?

so put the phase wires back where they were... but now the wheel just shakes ?

so I'd assume the hall wires must be wrong...but I've still got the connector I chopped off them... so they must be 100% the way they were...

any ideas ?

all I can think of is trying different hall sensor configurations... but don't want to mess with those just yet when I know they're the same way they were before I started..

EDIT: tested another throttle, it worked... but wheel still shook... I can't understand it when I know the hall wires are exactly as they were before ? :(

all sorted now...

swapped the throttle for my spare and that fixed that....

no idea what was up with the hall/phase wires.. messed around with them.... put them back the same way... but now it works ?

weird... but at least it's working :)

Once the water gets inside the throttle .. the red wire and black are short with water = there is no movement in Spin. Luckily you got a new sure spare good throttle, you fix them = you will get your wheel back to normal working. trouble shoot the throttle wires is easier then you try other combo for the hall and phase wires. 1st.. = just get a confirmation that your throttles wires, inside the sensor are OKay!, if not change a new one and see how?? that good at least you got your bike working. huatong controller is smooth and is fast too!

the bigger amps controller will have to add more and cells to go further. as for my is 18fets greentime too as said is a 60amps controller but my two watts up meter tells me is only less then 50amps. but im fine with this 47amps . i tried 14cells at 58.6v , i could reach a top speed 58kmh and easy 55kmh .you must tell leo , ensure it will work on 48v, and also 96v too. though it can accepts 100v. i give 4v less so controller can breath better.

kentlim26 said:
the bigger amps controller will have to add more and cells to go further. as for my is 18fets greentime too as said is a 60amps controller but my two watts up meter tells me is only less then 50amps. but im fine with this 47amps . i tried 14cells at 58.6v , i could reach a top speed 58kmh and easy 55kmh .you must tell leo , ensure it will work on 48v, and also 96v too. though it can accepts 100v. i give 4v less so controller can breath better.

I'm on 72v, 24s pack from bms battery, 10ah,

not sure what my range is right now... I've done ~12miles in a day but now my 2nd charger has turned up I'll only need to do 5miles between charges

most is pretty steady riding about 25mph, so I don't push it very hard, just the odd acceleration from the lights etc..

with the huatong, top speed is about 40mph, (35 is easy, 40 on the flat)

seeing as I have a new controller on the way.... I modded the shunt on my hua tong... quick and dirty style... new one on the way so no need to worry if this one blows

shuntb.jpg

and here's a picture of the controller for reference in case it comes in handy for someone else
link because it's a big picture ~1meg
ignore the few short wires... I chopped out the ones I didn't need, was going to de-solder them and remove, but chopping them short was easier and good enough

That's going to put you into the upper 40A range. It's also not a very reliable way of modding the shunt. Solder's resistance is pretty variable with temperature + if it gets hot enough you might get solder balls. Throw some copper or desoldering wick into there.

emm, would like to do this mod, but to reduce current, and be switchable...

Say drop it down to like a 200w max setting to (a) preserve batteries (limp home mode) and (b) not get busted for greater than 250w lol

I have edited the first post of this thread to reflect everything learned about this controller. If you see something left out, let me know and I'll add it.

my method to preserve battery power will be a oldest way, i will throttle very little press and i will try always to pedal from start. i ever try this method i could get many km back home.

I have an ebay 1000w motor, running 18s lipo with the hua tong and my top speed is 78kmh, had a tail wind though. 0-20kph is ok, 20-55kph is very quick, 55-65 still pretty good. I can hit 70 kph most of the time even up some light hills. 60kph is very easy to reach. ive now upped the voltage to 20s and its a bit nicer again. i run 8ah packs, milage can be up to 50ks or as little as 13 if i hammer it lol. Going for 24s next but i need to tame the throttle as it is jerky as hell. I ditched the thumb controller for a lcd twist throttle with speed display. I set up cruise, it works very well, if i dont use it, the slightest bumps give me a nice torque surge. I cant stand whist accelerating, it forces me to sit. Does no pop wheelies unless i pop it slightly and then it will mono quick!, also up steep hills it wants to mono.

M2 none Reduce throttle sensitivity, reduced power. Ground to enable.
See first post in thread for known options of solder pads.
Put switch on M2. start with it enabled and then once moving flip for full power. Personally, I've just learned to ease into the throttle on 24s.

Hey double00, could you post a picture of the LCD throttle you're talking about ? Is it a zanxx throttle ? Where did you get it ? Thanks

Yes it is the zanxx throttle, I got it on eBay a while back, couldn't find them recently. Now running on 22s, gonna double my capacity soon to 16ah instead of 8 and looking for a full suspension frame too. Under power hitting bumps is very hard. Maybe a dual setup one day., front and rear.

Pics....

Attachments

• 1365136171092.jpg
    1365136171092.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 2,708
  • 1365136261207.jpg
    1365136261207.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 2,708
  • 1365136323823.jpg
    1365136323823.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 2,708
So what does this throttle show on the LCD? does it give other control? or is it just a fancy throttle

Thanks YOU. they are the DIRECT agent for Huatong factory !! Not bad, I have search many times, but I can't find where is the factory web site.
from Each type of controller it tells you the fet they have, 18fet or 30fets, 36fets etc, 4000watts ? Not bad, they have so many range controllers. i know how to read simple chinese. in each controller will tell you the fets inside they have.

they have huatong controller , One of them look like a Kelly controller. even the plug in look exactly the same like kelly one. it can be program (im not sure if they are give free for a software. i think they should give ) . they said, they have different type of fets 4110, or 4410, they said the prices will be also different. seem that can request to custom made for the customer.

it is worth to take a look inside the web page.

they list a sine wave controller with 24 irfb4110 for 1380 yuan which is about $200 and it can be programmed. this has to be promising:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.w7686095061.27.1NIBL3&id=17268439645&

ya. This ONE Look exactly like a kelly controller !.. ha

i wonder if the sine wave type of modulation could increase the reliability and heating of the mosfets when the controller is operating at the 24S lipo range. this is using the 4110 mosfets at 100V.

maybe if the transition in current is sinusoidal there is less of the current leaking through the body diode at the transition back to off and when it transitions to on the ramp up in current is not abrupt as it is with the sawtooth or 'trapezoidal' pattern in the current modulation.

so the switching losses would be less. but this is all over my head. i am just speculating from what little i know about this stuff.

plus someone would have to translate the documentation and XPD programming for this processor or maybe the infineon type will work.

but for $200 that seems like a real value in technology since there is not another i have seen like this. they mention it is new for them and they have been doing this for awhile. i really liked their warranty policy. 'you breaky twice, you pay'.

Back