72v/20ah Lithium

ElbadoKing

10 mW
I currently have a Emmo Zone 72v/20ah Lead Acid. I was thinking of going to a 72v/20ah lithium. The question I'd like to ask is, would a 72v/20ah be a significant improvement over a 72v/20ah Lead Acid? Should I go with the 72v/20ah lithium or go to a higher rating like a 72v/40ah? I am open to all suggestions

Yes, significant improvement, and yes, you can probably go larger capacity. The original volume was probably more in SLA than the volume of equivalent capacity lithium. Worth the upgrade.

Whether it is any better in any respect other than size/weight depends on the pack you get.

Since many of the cheap ones are literally recycled garbage, you would want to buy from a reputable seller / manufacturer to avoid that. The cheaper it is the less likely it is to be any better (or even as good as) what you have already. The less info the seller is willing to provide, the less likely...etc.

You also must make sure the pack is designed to handle the peak and continous currents your system requires. If you don't know what those are, you can check the bike's manufacturer info to see if they tell you. If not, you can see if there is a label on the controller with this info. If not, you would want to get a wattmeter and install it in the system (to make it easy to get ride data without having to watch it all the time), or use a clamp-on current meter (ammeter) if you can set that up where you can see it and watch it while you ride and write down the readings you get.

Assuming you get a pack designed to handle at least as much power as the bike will require to operate the way you ride it, then it will have more range and a longer lifespan than the lead pack you have now. How much more range, and how much longer lifespan, depends on the specifics of the pack vs the way you use it on the bike.

Here is one https://bicyclemotorworks.com/product/72v-12ah-samsung-40t-lithium-ion-e-bike-battery/ plus em3ev has a 20ah and Luna cycle. If they don't tell you the exact cell and name brand and model of cell are probably have some generic junk. Remember there's no such thing as a Tesla like cell that's a red light.

I have someone online that is willing to sell the battery at a good price and install it for me. He doesnt have any specs besides 72v/20ah. Would it be best to avoid him?

A person selling a good battery will know the exact cell inside the battery LG Samsung Panasonic now those are just names and they sell cheap stuff but they also sell good stuff. K knowledge

Back