8 inch 1 kw single sided axle (like a car) hub motor

Ragonamuffin

10 mW
8 inch with tire, 1 kw continuous input power. Single axle.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? It does not matter how wide it is. I would imagine it would be pretty wide as that is a lot of motor for 8 inches. Does anyone know where I can find something like this? 750 watts could be acceptable as well, but I would much prefer a 1000 watt. Preferably gearless as well.

I also would not be opposed to someone who could make two of these for me. I have no idea how much that would cost, but I can afford something (relatively) expensive as it is a prototype.

Here is a product that would be perfect if it was 8 inches:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Single-Shaft-Hub-Motor_1567268440.html?s=p

Goldenmotor site has a few single axle motors, might need overpowering to hit 1kw. I'd send you the link but they don;t have individual page links - I think it is a flash based website.

Use the navigator bar on the left.

Ragonamuffin said:
8 inch with tire, 1 kw continuous input power.

8 inch with tire and 1kW? Maybe if it spins at 10,000 rpm. What are you thinking?

8" diameter with a tire on implies a motor less than 4" in outside diameter. Any direct drive motor that small that can produce a kilowatt won't make enough torque to propel a vehicle from a stop. And any geared motor that small would be even tinier and quicker to overheat.

I know for a fact they do exist. Maybe not 1kw, but 800 watts for sure. I just have no idea if they are being sold anymore, and why not. Maybe they are terrible like you said.
I am a complete motor newbie compared to you guys, please excuse my ignorance as it is plentiful. :)
Small hub motors have poor stall torque?

Here is a link to one I saw:
http://wackyboards.blogspot.com/2012/09/brushless-hub-motor.html

I cannot find these or the boards themselves for sale anywhere. Are they even for sale anymore?

Thanks for the replies!

Back