9c windings

contador

100 W
Hi all
Well Im in a group buy here,we want to get 9c kits from the manufacturer.50 units minimum
but we got only 3 windings to choose...and of course at the last moment everybody has to show the world his truth.
some say 9x7 windings are a non sense option as a standar winding.Well thats the standar at ebikes ca,and even thouhg
europe has its own legal regulations,thats not the refference ...

I know there is not such a thing as the best hub nor an optimal winding for everyone,it all depends on the use, the rider prefe
rence and a lot of things...I know that.And I do know slower motors are less likely to overheat and are better climbers and so on
But the question is (Ok 10 x6 /2806 is a little to fast wind to start from,I agree with that)
Is 9x7 9c hub a nonsense for urban riding ? for regular voltage configurations 36/48volts and 22/ 27/33 A controllers?
should we stay between 8x8,7x9,and forget 9x7 at all ?

Here some semi gurus from our own forum claim that ,and say we ,the ones choosing 9x7, dont know what we are doing...
What do you guys think?
Thanks

There is no best. It all depends on what you want it to use it for, and what wheel size you put it in.

if you have to use a low voltage battery, but need a higher speed, you need a winding that will do that.

If you can use any battery you want, then you can use the winds like parajared says, and put a high enough voltage battery on there to get the speed you want.

Alternately, you can also change the size of the wheel it is in.

9x7 is the most popular winding and it's what all of the resellers offer. If you can get them at a significant discount they would likely sell like hotcakes.

10x6 is good for people who gotta hit 30 mph in a 26" wheel on 48V

6x10 is too slow at 48V. Probably the best choice for climbing but you won't find more than a handful of folks who want to buy one.

7x9 is probably too slow for most folks here as well with a top speed of about 18mph with a 36V pack. IIRC it was the first winding offered by Amped Bikes but they quickly found “speed sells” and went with 9x7.

8x8 might be a good choice if you could get enough like-minded individuals together that want something a little different. Again though getting 50 people who want to buy an “oddball” wind could be tough.

BTW is the group buy for USA/Canada and who would be running it?

-R

Thanks all
Well sorry I forgot to mention I was talking about 26",28" wheels.
This is a group buy we are trying to do through an ebike forum here in Spain,
and Im the guy who is dealing with Sunny chen
And yep I realize now that what europeans like is way big different from sphere members prefferences
(sorry for my english)

http://electricaferacer.blogspot.com.es/

Back