• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

A 123 Ebay seller

comradegerry

100 W
Whilst combing the net ran into this offer that seemed remarkable, possibly too good to be true.....

Thought I would see if anybody here had heard of the seller before comitting to a pack, they are from China.

8 x A123 26650 size for $72 with tabs, packs built for 2cents per weld, link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-A123-systems-NEW-2009-26650-Lifepo4-battery-cell-2300-/190444922107?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item2c5766e4fb

Good Luck

Gerard

Hello Gerard.

Respectfully, those cells are not all that cheap to begin with.

They are $9 each.

cell_man on this website does them for less than that.

I think that seller is telling the truth about their cells, once you see the lazer engraving and the barcode it seems they are genuine.

Also I have ordered 4 A123 18650 from the same seller so maybe I will wait until they arrive and let you know what happened.

Thanks.
TMV

I am impressed particularly with their attempt to provide multiple cell/pack configurations. I am a Headway fan for sure, but have to marvel at the possibilities using potentially genuine A123s If indeed they are relatively new and the "real deal", even if pricy. For me, spacing, stacking, and packing are KING followed by C-rate , newness, and reliability. Of course there would be the inevitable connecting and cell management stuff. My limited brain juices are flowing though :twisted: . I think I need to start reflecting on previous threads on these matters. :roll:

Back