A Pedal-Pushing Drive Build

Genius.

This transcends awesomeness.

Built for all the right reasons, too; Grayhair is going to inspire more than a couple kids to pursue science & engineering. A legacy much more profound than can be measured in mph or Ah.

I must confess, though, I am now a bit apprehensive about the future of mankind. Allow me to take this opportunity to welcome our new robobike overlords.

Carl, truly impressive! Outstanding design and execution! Joules should be in a museum at some point in time... Joules would also make a great operating display at the FIRST Finals, perhaps drop Dean Kamen a note and a link.

Well done, well done!

Magficent.

I actually came across this on engadget.com, and a search here turned up this thread on my favorite website!

-JD

Dear Chris,
I work for a printed magazine that would like to do a short story on your amazing "Joules." We have no idea where to contact you.

Please respond.

Thanks,

Paula

Paula, Welcome to E-S I PMd Carl and gave him your email and now you have his. Cool. Come back here when you get your article together. We love to see the exposure for alt forms of transportation here. Dave

Ps. I'm the guy that called today.

i cant get the original Terminator movie out of my head when i see joules. Give him red glowing eyes and an 80w plasma rifle and that should keep cars at a distance.

If thats keeping the skills sharp im staying away from your skills . likely to get a fatal injury just looking at them.

hhmm now where did i put my rusty dull old skill set . oh ya laying in the grass under the shade tree getting drunk.
oh and by the by thanks . this has made me empty my closet of shame (failed and abandoned projects) and in doing so found a rather pricey tap and die set i was about to replace. bonus.

Not only is it one of the neatest tandem setups ive ever seen id bet joules can peddle harder than my wife and has a far lighter maintenance schedule.

there . thats all the jokes i had

spectacular project .

Paula said:
Dear Chris,
I work for a printed magazine that would like to do a short story on your amazing "Joules." We have no idea where to contact you.

Please respond.

Thanks,

Paula

Paula you work for popsci dont ya :)

cool . nice work again Mr morgan

hey folks look who made print
http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2009-12/robot-buddy-your-bicycle-built-two

I stand in awe of your rusty skill set. A guy could get cut into small bite sized pieces, and repurposed in a fair hurry by it.

http://www.mekanizmalar.com/joules.html

Mekanizmalar is a useful resource. I hadn't visited the site for a while - it was a nice surprise to find that Joules is now there :D

Back