Add this to your electric bike

Paul_G

10 kW
http://www.ringpen.com/aero/

Should be fun I bet but would prolly slow down any one following you :)

IMG_0161.JPG

More effective than any electrical bicycle (over 50% longer distance with the same batteries)
No way.

Lock

More effective than any electrical bicycle (over 50% longer distance with the same batteries)

Try aiming it up a real hill and I think range would be a couple hundred feet if you're lucky. :lol:

Impossible!

Boy, that's not a lawsuit waiting to happen. :roll:

No REAL man will want to be seen with that sissy prop anyway...
file.php

Prepare to be amazed at the acceleration...

ACT NOW and get a free pair of ear noise protectors!

The Lycra following the guy with that device will appreciate the wind to cool down their precious muscles! :lol:

Direct drive IS more efficient... fighting the air waste alot of energy

I would love to see that guy trying his device by completly stoping the ebike and than leaving it going full speed while the motor is running on both conditions... the difference in power that ONLY prople the ebike would not be so important...

Doc

If it was *really* more effective, it would've pushed the bike out of his hands when he started it up while standing next to it. :lol:

Goodness help you if you catch the outer ring on a bush or tree as you pass by--there's certainly plenty of places on bike paths here where that would be unavoidable.

YT changed something in their scripting, and the pages no longer let me post comments.

Can someone else post this up there for me?

It is unfortunate that you've prevented anyone from hearing how loud it might be, with your orchestral score.

If you can provide specific test numbers for Wh/mile (or Wh/km) as well as at what speeds and slopes those are given, and for what range, without any pedalling and over multiple passes in both directions on the same stretch of path or road in a short period of time (to eliminate wind as much as possible from the results), they would be helpful in determining if your claims are true or not.

It is also unlikely that you could actually "fly your bicycle" as claimed in the video, as that propeller is far too small to give you speed needed for flight, even if you had lifting surfaces to accomplish that. So at least one claim of the video is definitely not true.

OMG - those are fantastic claims!

'since nobody has yet...

I see a company going out of business in the future. However who's willing to buy one and test the ludicrous claims? I would love to see a side by side comparison with pretty much any electric bike.

I would like to have one not hooked up to anything and just turning in the wind :D just for style.

Ypedal said:
high speed fart smell dispersal system..

Now that's hilarious! :lol:

I would like to have one not hooked up to anything and just turning in the wind just for style.

Not just for style, you could swap the blades for windmill blades and charge your battery!...*cough*perpetual motion!*cough*. lol :lol: :lol:

Gotta love these charts with no units or specs:
compare.jpg

I think our community should challenge that company to a head to head competition. It seems like it is powered by an outrunner hubby motor. What I would like to see done is have one of our members who has the same motor but in a direct drive configuration do a side by side comparison. Both bikes could be equided with the same cappacity battery packs. Using the same motor and the same batteries their claims could be put to the test. Time trials could be done to test the speed and acceleration; then an endurance race to test the range.

This "is the best looking dumb thing I've seen all month"

REdiculous said:
I would like to have one not hooked up to anything and just turning in the wind just for style.

Not just for style, you could swap the blades for windmill blades and charge your battery!...*cough*perpetual motion!*cough*. lol :lol: :lol:

My word! I think you're right! I just keeps going and going, all you have to do is pedal!

Back