Alien Drive Systems- new Urban commuter build

Yes there milled from solid billet 6082 alloy .ive also incorporated a balance weight into the design as the large valve makes them out of balance when the wheels are spun at high speed .. It's really smoothed out the rotation of the wheels

I am looking at 150mm wheels tyres as there more readily available.. But then the gearing has to change and there will more chance of wheel bite ..
I didnt mean that you should make 150 mm wheels, it was just an example that skike had to reinforce their rubber.. 125 mm is perfect for my build.

8000mah Battery upgrade done! pretty simple to do..u just need a 7S plug and remove the correct balance earth and connect batteries in series
I also borrowed my mate gopro the other day and captured some brilliant footage but when i plugged in the memory card it was blank!! agghhhh..so a new one on the way along with a gopro 3+ as a treat to myself as i was so impressed with the quality!! so expect some nice footage soon!!
http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s621/richard_bailey1/IMG_1894_zpsd0da9f5b.jpg
IMG_1893_zps6b0bd407.jpg

IMG_1897_zpsd93d8c27.jpg

IMG_1898_zps95e70b37.jpg

here's some raw video of the board-my first use of my new Gopro..I love it..weather still rubbish so no more angles..its not edited as the gopro editing software keeps crashing..but it gives you an idea!!
I'm probably on about 3/4 throttle at the most when i go up the hill ,i did intend to go up the really steep hill but it was too wet and the tryes spun..i nailed it up there the other day..typical...
#
[youtube]kIsAyvdXmsI[/youtube]
[youtube]9DS1s6QbBCs[/youtube]

Nice! Why ride plastic wheels after this? Did you go full trigger there at the road by the skatepark?

Exactly .. These wheels are super smooth..
No still not quite full throttle it was a bit wet and slippy .
The only issue with these wheels is been able to get the tyres .. I have emailed INNOVA about buying in bulk and they just don't reply to me .. They are either only interested in big companies or are no longer in business ..
You can buy the tyres and tubes from most good skike shops but they are 12euro each ..but I'm lead to believe that Jenex are looking at stopping the 125mm wheel ( I contacted them and they won't sell in bulk either as they want to keep what they have for there current distributors) .. That's the only reason I've not had a batch of the wheels made ..as I really want to be able to offer a complete package ..
If I can get 10 people who want these wheels ill place a bulk order with my CNC supplier ..

Ok:) we just have to wait and see then. I will have 3 wheels if the batch hit production. Some friends of mine maybe also want to build their casterboards so will talk to them. If you get a ca price on rim only it would be more easy for people to decide.

For sure if you have such crappy roads you will need those wheels. I wouldn't even attempt anything else on that surface. Hope you have a better area to test out your other wheels..
Looks like the wheels handled the terrain well - perfect setup for that kind of stuff. Thanks for the videos. I was waiting for you to hit the pipe though, maybe some rails next time :D

I purposely went for the roughest roads I could find... I also have my choice of smooth roads when i want to get a 'carve' on!! Although as an all round daily ride this board is hard to beat...
My days of hitting the rails are long gone!! maybe ill try it with the new scooter... :D

I'm just waiting on a cost from my cnc supplier .. I hope there around £25 a wheel or less if possible .. 3 peice alloy so very strong and far superior to the skike plastic rims
It's the tyres I'm having problems sourcing ...I'm working in it .. The Jenex 125r tyre will fit ..

Back