Amperage Logger + LCD Display

Not sure if anyone wanted to know or cared much. But for the people who do.

There is the eLogger V4 which has a ton of features for logging our rides. I believe OKP has used it already - http://www.eagletreesystems.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54.

slanted%20elogger.gif

I also know that everyone is trying to add on LED LCD for battery voltage and such. Also checkout there is a PowerPanel LCD Display - http://www.eagletreesystems.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=57

slanted%20power%20panel.gif

The display will show max voltage, amperage, wattage temperatures, RPM, mAH used and more.

Just be careful with the PowerPanel--it's pretty fragile, as it's a bare glass LCD with no casing to protect it. I've almost broken mine a bunch of times just handling it, and if I wasn't paranoid-level careful with it because of expecting to break it, I'd have destroyed it by now.

and also that it is just the display portion for that elogger. and wont' do anything on it's own. ;)

yes, been installing the heavy duty one on my setup. The power display is not that fragile, I hot glue it to the aluminium DIY case, pretty nice. I removed it as I noticed that all these telemetry is funny but not that usefull in the medium term. All I want to know is how many amps I have been using and the max values for amps and voltage.

but eagletree stuff is really nice.

I have been using this one ..
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__6380__Watt_Meter_Power_Analyzer_Watts_up_Ver_2_.html
which gives me max amps, max watts... but i dont know anything other than that...

Please bear with my newbie questions..
I can turn off the board and plug it into my computer or do I have to keep it on? (the watts up resets upon turning off) and it would be much more practical to unplugg it for transport to my computer as opposed to bringing my computer to the board. Looked through the manual and probably the answer is an obvious yes so nobody bothered to adress it.

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54

At 80v 100 amps (150 amp peak) we shouldnt be able to brake it..
Getting one as soon as somebody confirms it can be unplugged without loosing data for transport to my computer... (or will get a laptop one to bring to my rides?)

hey beto,

in fact I have removed it, I had a sudden brake and still trying to remove all variables. I am quite sure that it does not come from this.

I have pick the Heavy duty one (150A). It's quite easy to understand, you have a component (like the one you have already) which is plugged between the ESC and the battery. The eagletree logs everything that goes live + you can add sensors, GPS, temp, RPMs, remote display. You can get the info live on the display, or after your session you plug it via USB to you windows workstation (does not work on MAC natively, you don't have a MAC app except if you emulate Windows).

You can even display it remotely on your googles! well nice and reliable device. Worth it, only if you are in the analysis; but well if you put a display on your board, you can have best of both worlds. Logging + Display.

Any questions just ask.

My question was more on the fact that the information does not reset itself on turning off.. in this manner I will unplug it.. take it to my computer and download the info...

just got one...
Cool that will allow me to actually see how it behaves during my rides, not just the peak acceleration..

thanks for the link. :D

It must have been said somewhere on here but can't find it or remember..how many watts are typically used on a board and what are peak watts used?

beto_pty said:
My question was more on the fact that the information does not reset itself on turning off.. in this manner I will unplug it.. take it to my computer and download the info...

just got one...
Cool that will allow me to actually see how it behaves during my rides, not just the peak acceleration..

thanks for the link. :D

No, you can store many session on it. Everything is configured (they call it a model) within the software. But all you session stay saved even offline.

Hummina Shadeeba said:
It must have been said somewhere on here but can't find it or remember..how many watts are typically used on a board and what are peak watts used?

Not much... Check Austin's thread here -- Hacking Wiiceiver - http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=62305&p=952332&hilit=wiiceiver#p952332

He has his own custom setup that does what this does already..

#0: peak discharge: 7.44A; peak regen: -2.52A; total Discharge: 20.12mAh; total Regen: 1.52mAh; net discharge: 18.60mAh in 60 seconds
#1: peak discharge: 31.18A; peak regen: -4.28A; total Discharge: 1418.29mAh; total Regen: 30.41mAh; net discharge: 1387.88mAh in 1807 seconds
#2: peak discharge: 38.89A; peak regen: -6.15A; total Discharge: 613.13mAh; total Regen: 19.33mAh; net discharge: 593.80mAh in 722 seconds
#3: peak discharge: 38.14A; peak regen: -6.54A; total Discharge: 1724.47mAh; total Regen: 29.53mAh; net discharge: 1694.94mAh in 2011 seconds

He runs a 8S for 29.6v * 38.89A = 1151 Watts. This is a dual motor SK3 50mm motors on 8S with 8" MBS Roadie wheels.

I think he has hit a big higher amp rating but his current setup will COG due to the setup so he can't push it much harder than 60/80A. Typically, peak is around 80A. The higher the voltage the lower the amps I assume as you need less amp to hit the same wattage.

80A peak * 29.6v (8S) = 2368 Watts.

Back