Another 4Motus Überbike build

Yes I have, but the adaptto is too expensive. If it was in the same price range as the sabvoton or maybe a bit more expensive (+100USD for the display)
I'd give it a try.

Chuleo said:
Yes I have, but the adaptto is too expensive. If it was in the same price range as the sabvoton or maybe a bit more expensive (+100USD for the display)
I'd give it a try.
Im in the same boat im looking at getting a sign wave and sabvoton look good. the adaptto mini-e is not a bad price but the max-e is such a big jump in price.
Have you found out how you blew the sabvoton . a sabvoton group buy would be cool .

If you build a bike from scratch, the Adaptto system will be at about the same price at the end of the build, if not, just think how many hours you will earn not to think about bulk charging and balancing the packs on your hobby chargers. Not to mention that you do not need to connect it to a Computer everytime you need to change a setting.
And your motor will be quiet, not the case with Sabby :)

Yes I agree with Alex on this one, you are comparing the two controllers wrongly, basically with the adaptto controller its like have a controller, cycle analyst, and bms all in one unit, plus you use a standard server psu you can pickup for $30 to charge it with, so you should see how much it would be for :
1x controller, 1x bms, 1x cycle analyst + 1x battery balance charger + 1x battery bulk charger and see what the price is then, compared to buying just 1x adaptto controller and nothing else.

I agree with all and i like the hall info and fet temp ect... but if youve allready got all CA -charger wiring set up blah blah. {as most here have} except sine wave controller its cheaper im also concerned with some having teething probs with adapto atm.
Getting just the savbvoton controller is minimizing things to start with. also zombies has reviewed them and his experience is valuable, so there looking attractive.
Creak when you going to get a side shot pic up of that bike.

Here you go, it needs a clean as its dirty from a 35 mile charity bike ride I did at the weekend, il do a load of new ones and put them on my post in a couple of weeks when im off work.

side.jpg

Thanks thats a nice little front mud /stone guard , Chuleo do you have a width measurement of the sabvoton controller case , not including the side mounting lips if i get one ill cut them off, thanks.

@Emoto
The sabvoton controller is 25x12cm without the side flanges.

@Actionobject
The batteries are from pjotr wang powertrading. They customised the packs for us.
I can't tell how they perform under load because the bike isn't running at the moment (still waiting for a new controller). I did a capacity test@15A though. I could confirm the capacity of 30AH.

Thats good info thanks Chuleo, now i know it will be a good fit as my frame is 130mm wide , i have some good news, found out that they plan to update/ fix the android software crash issue.

I Just updated the Blog on my Site:

There are some new pics as well..
20141025_143638.jpg

20141106_211728.jpg

I put some Code on it, now I can use an RFID Tag to activate the bike and switch between street legal and unlocked mode.
I also put a code snippet online that allows to measure the cadence of the PAS (only works with PAS sensors that detect if it spins forwards/backwards)

I dind't ride the bike for long distances so far but the battery is performing pretty well.

Initially the Sabvoton controller was quite a hassle due to the bad documentation but I finally got it running like I want to. Too bad winter has come...
Variable regen works like a charm :D If I pull the brake, the throttle acts as a variable brake. (The e brake ph current has to be set to the wanted ph current*10, apparently thats a bug in the software)
The multiple use throttle is only possible if either the acceleration time is set to a high value (like 2000ms) or if the throttle has to be switched to 1V first to make it work again. I chose the high
acceleration value. Initially it feels unnatural but I got used to it quickly.

@emoto
Finally.. I tried the bluetooth module once, but its useless crap xD

The next steps will be: Selfmade cranked seatpost with about 50mm offset (couldnt find it anywhere to buy) and i will try to get it licensed.
And I will also change the throttle....the orange just doesnt fit

Looking pretty sweet, the paint is crazy ! :D , he he I see you have the same setup as I had when I was testing (the sticky tape case closing). Are you keeping the stupid bolt through bolts on the case or are you changing it ?. I changed mine by filling in the holes on the right side of the case and then mounting L shaped brackets on the left side of the case for some machine screws to screw into, this way you dont have to line up a long bolt into a screw hole you cant see then.

lol. just reading your blog, you crazy b**** hahaha, I didnt realise you had IMPLANTED the rfid tag in your hand !, thats some serious dedication !.

Crea2k, no I didn't keep the bolts.... they are a pain in the ass to assemble... I took a threaded rod, closed the box and kept it in place with hex nuts, then I snapped the threaded rod off. As long as I don't have to open the box
everything will be arlight. In the picture below I didn't snap the ends off because testing wasn't done.

I wanted to install l shaped brackets as well... but i just don't have enough space.

gopr1439_1419164597889_higha.jpg

Chuleo said:
Crea2k, no I didn't keep the bolts.... they are a pain in the ass to assemble... I took a threaded rod, closed the box and kept it in place with hex nuts, then I snapped the threaded rod off. As long as I don't have to open the box
everything will be arlight. In the picture below I didn't snap the ends off because testing wasn't done.

I wanted to install l shaped brackets as well... but i just don't have enough space.

gopr1439_1419164597889_higha.jpg

Im glad it wasnt just me who had a problem with them !, bloody things are a nightmare, the brackets I put in seem to do the job though !, yours is looking sweeeeeet.

Back