Another failed cyclone CY-650 motor

swampus

1 µW
I dont seem to be having much luck with the cyclone CY-650 - 1680w motors as I have had yet another one fail on me. This must be at least the fifth one to fail with hall sensor fault.
The latest one is acting like a heating problem as it will work perfectly ok at night when its cold but will keep cutting out in the day and throwing up a hall sensor error on the kelly controller. It only needs the sun to be shinning on it for a short while and it will refuse to run and just keep cutting in and out.

The previous motor is completly dead and the kelly controller reports a hall sensor error, I have replaced the controller on the off chance it was the controller at fault but it has made no difference with either motor.
I cant afford to keep replacing motors as it's just too expensive at over £200 a time.

I would like to have a go at repairing them, but not too sure if just replacing the hall sensors will be enough. Also I would prefer to put in better quality hall sensors as the originals seem to keep failing.

Is there anyone here that has had experiance at replacing the hall sensors in the cyclone motors that could give some advice and possibly part numbers for a better quality hall sensor.

Thanks
Scott

inside has a 3 hall sensor. you can replace them by do some soldering. how you are sure is a hall sensors issue?? i had been running this a long. hall sensor is unlikely but more is a controller issue.

more likely is controller issue. i never try kelly controller i think they aren't much then my greentime controller or huatong. i had been using this several years. today i am still using them.

I too have a 650-1680w cyclone motor that I've been hoping to buy a greentime controller (prefering 24v as its what my LiFePo4 battery is ) Br Paco suplied 24v cyclone controller for this but its LVC cuts out as batteries voltage drops too much.Have proved this with new acid battery .
The Greentime controller you sugest would work for us both but I've no idea what wires to connect where.
I have another 24v 500w that am sure will not handle the current (going by the wire size) but the wireing colours etc are all too complicated.

Back