another variation............motorized pedals!

Dingo2024

100 W
Hi, just came across this....

http://www.electricbikemag.net/showStory.php?storynum=13

take a look and see what you think and give the guy your vote.....especially if you are from the UK ......it can only help the evolution of ebikes :D

Ian :D

Not likely, seems like one of the worst implementation I've seen on an ebike.

kfong said:
I disagree. I think a bicycle "seat cam" would generate electricity!
Then just use that electricity to re-screw the pedals as they un-screw.
All that screwing will also generate additional electricity. Heck ... I am getting warm already! :D

633738737955164460-PERFECTASS.jpg

In all seriousness, there are a lot of problems with this design.

As was mentioned in the article, what happens when you take your feet off the pedals? Do they start spinning uncontrollably, or is there a pressure switch that activates them when the foot is on it?

How do you control the speed - if at all?

And the spinning force of the pedals would be pushing against a flexible medium - ie your foot and leg. So the transfer of energy would be extremely inefficient, as well as causing the rider to exert more energy to counteract the pedals' spin.

And let's face it, you would end up having a tiny motor with very limited battery capacity.

It's an interesting concept, however it's just no very practical - the gains (if any) would be very minimal.

Knuckles said:
kfong said:
I disagree. I think a bicycle "seat cam" would generate electricity!
Then just use that electricity to re-screw the pedals as they un-screw.
All that screwing will also generate additional electricity. Heck ... I am getting warm already! :D
633738737955164460-PERFECTASS.jpg
he-he-he said "screeww" {mikes best gwbush impression in ascii, remarkably it looks awful similar to bevis or butthead too?}
-Mike

Back