ANT+ Powermeter for PAS

leew

100 mW
Just wondering if anyone has tried and had any success in using an ANT+ based powermeter as a PAS controller? There are many ANT+ devices available these days such as Powertap, Stages Cycles, Garmin Vector etc. I was thinking about having a go at making a box which could decode the ANT+ signal from the powermeter and then feed it into the PAS input of a CA 3.0. Has anyone already tried this before I have a go myself?

I've thought about this, and I think it's a good idea. I think the reporting frequency is around 1 Hz for a 4iiii, but not sure about the others. Probably not as responsive as a BB torque sensor, but worth a shot. They are super expensive, and only available on certain crank models, otherwise, I probably would have tried it.

leew said:
Just wondering if anyone has tried and had any success in using an ANT+ based powermeter as a PAS controller? There are many ANT+ devices available these days such as Powertap, Stages Cycles, Garmin Vector etc. I was thinking about having a go at making a box which could decode the ANT+ signal from the powermeter and then feed it into the PAS input of a CA 3.0. Has anyone already tried this before I have a go myself?
Hi Lee, Just found this-- I hadn't realised that you had previously considered the possibility! Way beyond my capabilities but I think you could definitely make it work! (I could lend you the VectorS kit to work with)

Back