• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Anyone here a Logview Graph guru?

NeilP

1 GW
Have been playing with logview today..and the graph scrolling/zooming system is bizarre to say the least.

I thought it was maybe something to do with the fact that i was running it on a virtual machine on the mac, so installed on a Win XP laptop, and ..it is still weird

I want to have a 'template' for a graph..with fixed axis, so I gan apply to a series of sets of data, and have them display all the same. Since the help files are translated, they seem rather difficult to understand.

Anyone got any advice?

Hmm, maybe I didn't understand what you wanted to do but wouldn't this work:

Set you axis how you want them, then go to Graph -> save graph draft as... then name your template to whatever, then when needed load that template?

I'll letcha know once (if) I figure out the system...I had not even yet found that you *could* scroll or zoom the graph. :roll:

Best i've done so far is to use the "expand y-axis" in one of hte menus, with only the cell voltages displayed, to be able to view better what is going on with them.

I still wish I could relabel everythign so it woudl be in *actual* English instead of the mishmash of German and sort-of-English. :lol:

Yea, you can

lots of weird actions...one of the buttons up top in menu bar brings up a list of what you do...Combi of scroll button/wheel, dragging mouse, holdign shift and STRG...Ctrl I think. It is not very intuitive

I'll try the suggestion from bjosta and see what happens

Well been trying it out again, and the Save Draft graph option sort of does what you need..but not quite

If I adjust a graph so I can see the curve on the screen, as soon as you do a Normal Save As to save the file, it immediately jumps back to its original settings from when the data was imported...which in my case is with all the data in a small space at the top of the screen barely discernible. YOu cant seem to seta view with set axis limits and save it as hat..as soon as you do , it jumps to what ever it wants to.
I am guessing there is some auto function somewhere in the menu system that is blocking the manually scrolled settings

Back