Anyone knows Polaris Vector ebike?

avoleoo

10 W
HI Guys, I have a chance to buy Polaris Vector What kind of motor is it? It looks like geared however it offers regenerative breaking, bike specs also say it's geared, hmmm.....

e082634e0a0d02b700f5cbda17c8b4a4.jpg

Geared but without the clutch is possible, but very rare. Fairly likely the battery box is built for some kind of 18650 cell, so it's going to be possible to rebuild it if you have the skills.

this model polaris ebike used a "dual drive" system..
the mid crank motor is geared.. but the rear hub motor is likely direct drive thus the regen..

avoleoo said:
HI Guys, I have a chance to buy Polaris Vector with dead battery, does anyone knows what kind of cells are inside other than it's liion? What kind of motor is it? It looks like geared however it offers regenerative breaking, bike specs also say it's geared, hmmm.....

e082634e0a0d02b700f5cbda17c8b4a4.jpg

I haven't opened it up yet, but my Currie iZip eGo folding ebike with 16" wheels has a geared hubmotor and no motor freewheeling. It could have a stuck clutch, but since its dangerous at higher speeds I could believe its a speed limiting feature. I like the way it works and don't miss the motor freewheeling.

Back