Are there any high powered 96v controllers out there

Mywpn said:
I have a kelly kls72v controller and was not impressed by its ability. I don’t mind if the controller weighs 10kg. Even up to 15kg. It’s hard to find anyone with real world figures on controllers as very few are prepared to push the limits of them. I may just have to stick with sabvoton. As much flack as people throw at them. I’m yet to find anything that comes close to an unlocked 96120. It has taken 400+ battery amps and 600 phase amps for over 12 months of every day use. And only failed from getting stuck when it started pouring rain half way home. I’ve depleted 2 battery packs and the controller was still going.

This is seriously impressive! Its hard to find information about unlocked sabvotons, 400 battery amps?? When it's only made for 120, that's mental.

I have a 96100 unlocked and a qs205 3T as a mid drive motor. Wondering if anyone has any experience pushing a 100? It's got a smaller profile than the 120 so the 120 most likely has more headroom overall.

Havent ran it past 110 amps 300 phase and it already gets warm. Then again that's pushing a much smaller cyclone motor, that must be forced air cooled just to stay alive, and not the 205. i feel the smaller motor heating up is what's contributing it to the controller also getting pretty toasty at only 110a.

I want to push it more with the 205, if your 120 can handle 400 battery amps this makes me feel it should be able to do atleast 150 battery amps? Would a 2.6x ratio for phase current at 400 max phase be too much? Battery can only peak at 180A and made for 100a continuous so dont want to push it too hard.

I have run the 96 100 through the same set up with some great success it doesn’t take anywhere near as much as the 120 but I was running around 240 Battery apps and maximum phase amps. I have gone through 2. 96 100s And 4 96 120s over the years but like I said I haven’t had any trouble with the custom higher output Battery

matt912836 said:
Mywpn said:
I have a kelly kls72v controller and was not impressed by its ability. I don’t mind if the controller weighs 10kg. Even up to 15kg. It’s hard to find anyone with real world figures on controllers as very few are prepared to push the limits of them. I may just have to stick with sabvoton. As much flack as people throw at them. I’m yet to find anything that comes close to an unlocked 96120. It has taken 400+ battery amps and 600 phase amps for over 12 months of every day use. And only failed from getting stuck when it started pouring rain half way home. I’ve depleted 2 battery packs and the controller was still going.

This is seriously impressive! Its hard to find information about unlocked sabvotons, 400 battery amps?? When it's only made for 120, that's mental.

I have a 96100 unlocked and a qs205 3T as a mid drive motor. Wondering if anyone has any experience pushing a 100? It's got a smaller profile than the 120 so the 120 most likely has more headroom overall.

Havent ran it past 110 amps 300 phase and it already gets warm. Then again that's pushing a much smaller cyclone motor, that must be forced air cooled just to stay alive, and not the 205. i feel the smaller motor heating up is what's contributing it to the controller also getting pretty toasty at only 110a.

I want to push it more with the 205, if your 120 can handle 400 battery amps this makes me feel it should be able to do atleast 150 battery amps? Would a 2.6x ratio for phase current at 400 max phase be too much? Battery can only peak at 180A and made for 100a continuous so dont want to push it too hard.
Your battery will have trouble over time but just for small acceleration runs you should be able to take it up to 1 8190 battery amps and full phase amps

I had a AE96600 for a while. it would run at 124volts and 600a phase. a bit bulky and heavy but good.
Now i only run Nucular 24fs- some at 92.4v 500p hase = smaller and much easier to program.

Jonno

Jonno said:
I had a AE96600 for a while. it would run at 124volts and 600a phase. a bit bulky and heavy but good.

What difference do the AE models make as opposed to plain APT 96600?

> Nucular 24fs- some at 92.4v 500 phase = smaller and much easier to program

Has the waitlist dropped below 8mo to a year yet?

No I don't think it ever will - I own 4 x 24fs and have 4 more on order :wink:

Jonno

Some alternatives:
Zapi controllers, just an example https://evea-kartmasters.fr/en/alternative-current-controller/2124-zapi-controller-ble-4-120v-400arms.html

Nanjing far driver, an example https://www.far-driver.com/nd961800-track-version/

Jonno said:
No I don't think it ever will - I own 4 x 24fs and have 4 more on order
Sorry is Nucular true FOC technology?

Answer welcome from anybody of course

Back