Aussies Ebiking from Melbourne to Sydney

lemmiwinks

100 W
Just heard on national radio (he called them up for some shameless self promotion and I'm glad he did or I would have missed this).

http://www.suitabletransport.com/

Riding very sexy Schwinn World GSE bikes 8)

That's a very nice lightweight and compact drivetrain. Could stack a few more lipo packs on the rear carrier and barely notice.

I prefer the Campus myself, but considering the price, I'll stick with my junker steel framed MTB and pedal power :lol:

I figure if you're going to fork over $1500 for a Campus, may as well spend an extra 500 bones for the Continental.

Edit: Except I would want the Continental with the alloy front hub, not
"Front Hub Schwinn Protanium Leather w/ Foam backing"

http://www.schwinnbike.com/products/bikes_detail.php?id=888

The S shaped down tube on the Campus would seem like a good way to make the frame flex like a noodle under braking. Clearly not a form follows function design :(
In fact I can't even think of any reason for that tube not to be straight??

Me either. I was given an old ladies road bike which has twin S shaped down tubes, probably just a fashion statement.

I still like the campus :D

It will be interesting to see how well received they are in the marketplace. Certainly some of the cleanest looking ebikes to be found anywhere, and with the battery in a small bag, would fool almost any cop in Hawaii or NY.

"Where's the duct tape?"

Lowell said:
"Where's the duct tape?"

That was my first thought too! Those Schwinn's are so neat and clean looking, I'd be afraid to ride. :)

I'm with Lemmi on this one the campus also has a better gear range for assisting.
Having said that my favorites with a gearing upgrade to an 8 speed would be either Midi Speedster or Speedster.
What can I say I like subtle :shock:

Lowell said:
The S shaped down tube on the Campus would seem like a good way to make the frame flex like a noodle under braking. Clearly not a form follows function design :(
In fact I can't even think of any reason for that tube not to be straight??

They can call it full suspension. :lol:

Perhaps it's curved to make stepping through the frame easier?

Back