Awesome Electric Car? Anyone know this thing?

dallasfoto

10 W
I want to find out more about this Ecar on the market right now.
http://zero-gas-car.com/
Anyone know about this and how good it is? 12 thousand is pretty cheap

Contacted the sellers today. Also sent this to my auto insurance guy and he said forget it...they won't insure it, and you cannot get it tagged, at least here in TX. Pity...it's a for real Ecar right now.

according to the listing on alibaba, the car can only go 60 kph, so apparently Mel is "exaggerating" a bit...

rgody said:
Chinese car manufacturer.
Please try searching for "electric car" in Alibaba site:

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search...on=&srchYearMonth=&IndexArea=offer_en&CatId=0

Somebody have tested them ? Looks nice.

Regards
Good find Rgody. Looks like Mel is good at cutting out the background
EC_Green_500L.jpg

Sell_electric_car.jpg

MarxNutz said:
according to the listing on alibaba, the car can only go 60 kph, so apparently Mel is "exaggerating" a bit...
You people need to believe. Mel say his car will go 110 Km/h. He is having them built to be the way he want.

dallasfoto said:
Contacted the sellers today. Also sent this to my auto insurance guy and he said forget it...they won't insure it, and you cannot get it tagged, at least here in TX. Pity...it's a for real Ecar right now.
Dallasfoto - Think you should get a different insurance guy. The phone book is full of them.

Be careful, because from what I was told, you can not bring a new 4 wheel vehicle in to the US unless it has met strict, very expensive testing and certification standards. (so many air bags, door beams, crash tests, etc). They need to lose a wheel on that thing so it can be sold as a motorcycle, or sell it as a "kit car" where the new owner puts a few parts on it and installs the motor themselves. DMV here in California is going to have a big problem with that car. You will only be able to drive it back and forth in your driveway.

I think it will register as a NEV, but it will be interesting to see. Especially if you can get a tax credit on it soon. Cute litte bugger though!

Well christ someone had better start relaxing some rules or there won't be any oil left anyway. Geesh

NEV =25MPh regulated speed. Maybe 35 in some states. 35 is almost useful. 40 would be better. 25 is a joke and is actually dangerous. I like the kit car idea. people have used that loophole before to bring small production cars into the country. At least with an EV, the emissions hassle is non existent. Sell the bodies as unpainted rollers, and "offer" an electric drivetrain custom fit for the car. Let the new owners find their own batteries and have the car painted whatever color they chose. I'd go for that, as the price would be even lower.

Saw one on ebay today. The seller says, " registers as a NEV but if your country allows, the 25mph govenor can be removed"

Nudge nudge wink wink , ya know what I mean? Eh?

That is a major change then from the seller. The car was originally being described as being legal as a 60MPh car, not a 25MPH NEV. As an NEV, it's just another overpriced golf cart like the Zenn that becomes a nuisance on the road, driving in the right lane with its 4 way flashers on.

Back