Bafang M600 error code 30?

xp67

10 mW
My bike refused to power up the display a few months ago. Motor can not work. I have checked all visible wiring from the motor to the display and all sensors. All good except for some wire chafing which I have fixed. Unable to check the wire bundle inside the frame though.

I replaced the original DPC240 display with a new 860c color display. The display powers up immediately when cable is plugged in without having to press the ON button. Weird. Error code 30 shows on the display. Motor can not work. But I can scroll through the menu, time and other parameters works on the display.

Any suggestions what to check next? What are the possible faults? Error 30 seems to be a communication error which suggests one to check all wiring connections.

What can explain the new 860c display powering up immediately when connector is plugged in? Why will the display power up without pressing the ON button?

Another clue is the battery will drain within about 2 weeks if installed on the bike without use.

Just to share my experience with M600 owners. Be careful. I learnt the hard way. The controller is specifically matched to the display. I spent 1 year trying to fix the darn M600 bike. Changed cable and bought a colour 860c display but nil joy. Finally managed to get a controller and matching display DPC240 from FLX. Everything works fine now. The original fault turned out to be nothing more than a dead switch!? The brand new 860c display did not work because it is not compatible with the controller. My thanks to FLX for the advice!

Back