Balance Charger with 14s capability ?

gaisom

100 mW
I am wondering why I have not been able to find a Li-on charger that can do a single balance port 14s charge? Is it just that the manufacturers have not caught up with the power people are using? Or is there some problem with building a charger that will do that? :?

There are at least 2 14s chargers I know of, the Thunder Power TP1430C, and the Hyperion 1420i. I've been using the 1420i for over 3 years. The TP1430C is the most recent.

My iCharger 4010 Duo does 2 channels of 10S. So, you could charge 20S if you have it setup properly.

If I'm not mistaken it's just a dual port 10s charger. Meaning you can charge 2 10s packs at the same time, but you can't charge a single 20s pack without breaking the serial connection and making it basically, 2 10s packs. 14s chargers can charge the whole 14s pack without breaking the serial connection and balances all 14 cells together.

But does the Hyperion have a 14s balance plug? Or do you have to use two plugs?

It seems like I remember threads showing adapters to one plug, like a computer plug.

I think as long as you don't have to break the serial connection, two plugs is not that big a deal provided you plug in the right one to cell 1's port.

I was unaware of the 14s chargers you mentioned and for some reason I must not have used the correct search term when I tried to find one. Thanks for the answers. :)

wesnewell said:
If I'm not mistaken it's just a dual port 10s charger. Meaning you can charge 2 10s packs at the same time, but you can't charge a single 20s pack without breaking the serial connection and making it basically, 2 10s packs. 14s chargers can charge the whole 14s pack without breaking the serial connection and balances all 14 cells together.

This is true. That's why you have to have it set up properly. Definitely more convenient is some configurations that others. :wink:

Back