Battery case controller

djlarsone

1 mW
I am buying a 36V small Hailong case battery controller. How can I be sure to buy the correct size battery to fit the frame? And what to do with the power leads that would normally hook up to the external controller?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hailong-battery-controller-36V-48V-15A-with-waterproof-connector-KT-controller-/173619579472?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

djlarsone said:
I am buying a 36V small Hailong case battery controller. How can I be sure to buy the correct size battery to fit the frame?
Is the frame like this?
s-l1600.jpg

or is it like this one?
BRD14189_BJ_02.jpg

It may be difficult to fit even the smallest hailong battery into the first frame, but just about any hailong battery will fit into the second one.

djlarsone said:
And what to do with the power leads that would normally hook up to the external controller?

What leads are you referring to?

There are no "power leads" if you are talking about battery leads, since the controller connects directly to the pins in the Hailong battery mount.

If you are referring to the power going to the motor, then they go to the motor, provided you have the right connector on the motor side.

https://images.app.goo.gl/4Dafvywf1VtYtF9c8

This is the bike. Had plenty of room for the old 36V battery. You are right, I was confused and forgot that normally the power leads would be coming from the battery frame and not the battery itself.

djlarsone said:
https://images.app.goo.gl/4Dafvywf1VtYtF9c8

This is the bike. Had plenty of room for the old 36V battery. You are right, I was confused and forgot that normally the power leads would be coming from the battery frame and not the battery itself.

If the old battery was also mounted in a hailong mount, and had plenty of room, then the same size battery should fit. If you're getting a new battery and want to maximize the size, then you'll need to take some careful measurements, but remember to take into account that the battery needs to move forward an inch or so in order to remove/install it in the mount. Most batteries will describe the dimensions, and some vendors have patterns that you can print out that will help determine if you have room. Your frame triangle is pretty small since it narrows due to the dip in the top tube, so fitting a larger battery could present a challenge.

OK, thank you. As far as the battery itself fitting in the frame controller, that would be a 36V small hailong case battery? Just want to be sure I get the right battery to fit that frame.

djlarsone said:
OK, thank you. As far as the battery itself fitting in the frame controller, that would be a 36V small hailong case battery? Just want to be sure I get the right battery to fit that frame.

Just making sure, if "frame controller" means the battery mount with built in controller, then per the description it's made for a small Hailong battery case; but not sure why, since the mounting system should allow other Hailong battery case sizes.

In either case, looking more closely at the bike and existing battery, the battery appears to be smaller than most Hailong battery cases, so it would be a good idea to take measurements before ordering a new battery.

Back