Battery connection method

If one weld is 0.167 ohm , then 10 in series would be 1.67 ohm ?
(Actually, 10s string of cells welded together would have 20 welds !…3.2 ohms 😳)
But i just saying the stated 0.167 ohm for one weld seems v high ?
That is 2-3 times the cell IR .!

Hillhater said:
If one weld is 0.167 ohm , then 10 in series would be 1.67 ohm ?
(Actually, 10s string of cells welded together would have 20 welds !…3.2 ohms 😳)
But i just saying the stated 0.167 ohm for one weld seems v high ?
That is 2-3 times the cell IR .!

The study that was quoted seems to be talking about micro, not milli ohms.

Ahh ! Thanks ..that makes sense now.
I should have read the report without the preconceved “miliohm” in my mind from the original post….

Aussie78 said:
The published study “Electrical contact resistance measurements of clamped battery cell connectors for cylindrical 18650 battery cells” by
Christoph Bolsinger *, Matthias Zorn, Kai Peter Birke that appeared in the Journal of Energy Storage in April 2017 shows the following:

Average contact resistance of nickel resistance spot welded to a Panasonic 18650 with 12 spots is about 167 milliohm
Aussie78… you may want to edit that post to prevent future confusion. :wink:

Hillhater said:
Ahh ! Thanks ..that makes sense now.
I should have read the report without the preconceved “miliohm” in my mind from the original post….

Aussie78 said:
The published study “Electrical contact resistance measurements of clamped battery cell connectors for cylindrical 18650 battery cells” by
Christoph Bolsinger *, Matthias Zorn, Kai Peter Birke that appeared in the Journal of Energy Storage in April 2017 shows the following:

Average contact resistance of nickel resistance spot welded to a Panasonic 18650 with 12 spots is about 167 milliohm
Aussie78… you may want to edit that post to prevent future confusion. :wink:
Edited. Well spotted everyone. Sorry for the confusion.

Back