• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

BBC Auto Slideshow: The 10 most beautiful bicycles

spisska

10 W
Of particular note is the Engeenius Cykno, 57lbs, 250/500W, pedal-assist.

p02552tf.jpg

Yes, that is real Italian leather covering the battery and electrics, and you can ride this beaut' home today for just $22,000. Did I mention the leather?

There are some other interesting ones in there, like this compact cargo bike:

p0254mbg.jpg

or this cheap, no-nonsense model, priced at $150 and intended for Africa and which looks near perfect for a conversion:

p0254lqv.jpg

Full slideshow: http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20140821-the-10-most-beautiful-bicycles

All I can say is their idea of beauty and mine differ greatly. I wouldn't have any of them if they were giving them away.

We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee. It is run commercially by BBC Worldwide, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, the profits made from it go back to BBC programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes
LOL!

You are not missing much, Miles. They should have shown your Moulton.
otherDoc

Here are the unlisted (due to BBC restrictions)

BSG WOOD.b, ash plywood with metal joints and stays
Wood.b.jpg

Pashly Parabike (solid framed version of a 2-piece break-apart for paratroopers in WWII)
7656445782_8193a1bf5b.jpg

Vanmoof S, 250W pedelec (tiny rear hub) with 26650's inside the frame tubing, just like the Grace.
big-3-f-series.png

Vics steel urban
velonia-viks-bike-01.jpg

Greenchamp Original balance bike (hobby horse), renewable bamboo, looks like a 12-inch wheel
greenchamp-original-side-537x354.jpg

Cherubim Hummingbird
k1874905320.jpg

Faraday Porteur
photo-main.jpg

For an artsy bike I like the Cherubim Hummingbird. The sleekness of it and the massive area for batteries is interesting. Now I just need to figure out how to incorporate some of the concept into a lower longer version staying hardtail but with a moto type springer seat better integrated to the frame.

Love the Engeenius. Wish I could weld better. Oh, and build custom composite wheels. LOL

Back