BBSHD Error?

slawsonxo

1 mW
Hi All,

I just completed my install of my new BBSHD on my Specialized RockHopper! Super excited to ride it, but I am having an error on the C965 display and nothing works other than the display coming on.

To the right of the PAS level there is a exclamation with a circle around it. I have not hooked up the gear sensor yet, but I have tried with it unplugged and still no luck. Could this be the problem? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• IMG_1583 2.JPG
    IMG_1583 2.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 599
Don't quote me, but I think that may be something to do with the brake cut-offs.
Try running the system with them both disconnected.

Thanks @alfantastic, you were right! I had the magnets too far away from the sensor. I will need to do some research to see how others are using their hydraulic cutoff sensors.

Thanks again!

slawsonxo said:
Thanks @alfantastic, you were right! I had the magnets too far away from the sensor. I will need to do some research to see how others are using their hydraulic cutoff sensors.

Thanks again!
Here's a picture of one of mine. Not aesthetically amazing, but works fine.

Brake cut-off.jpg
I positioned the ring magnet so that it cuts motor power with a small movement of the lever. This means I can cut the motor power for smooth gear changes, without the brakes slowing the bike down every time I change gear.

Back