Best IGH's for Mid-Drive?

LI-ghtcycle

10 MW
Hello all! :D

As my favorite "IGH" the Nuvinci N171B is no longer manufactured, I wanted to get input on the best replacement for future builds.

This would NOT be filled by the N360 as it is no where near as robust as the N171B.

IIRC, there have been some high powered builds to include gas powered trikes with Nexus 3 speeds?

Main requirements:

1. Robust and reliable (i.e. able take up to around 3,000w peak, 1,500w continuous with a minimum of maintenance or wear)

2. Easily obtainable, serviced by & purchased from local shops ideally if/when needed.

3. Bang for the buck, I would never buy bottom of the barrel, I always buy quality over price point, but things like a $1400 Rolhoff would be waaaaay to spendy for this application. $300 or less is what I am looking for.

Thanks! :)

My Sturmey Archer C-50 5-speed is breaking in nicely: very quiet in operation with no freewheel clicking when coasting. I have it paired with a BBSHD and I use it off-road. This is a new design especially for ebikes with a rotary style shift mechanism that is designed for heavy duty usage.

Sorry about the dirt: I rode yesterday afternoon.image.jpegView attachment 1

The rear sprocket is a 34t BMX chainwheel that I welded to the OEM 18t sprocket.

keithmac said:
What tensioner is that, a Surly?.

I've got an N360 hub so fingers crossed..

Yeah, a Surly Singulator mounted on a Problem Solvers tensioner/derailleur hanger. The bike was a singlespeed which is why it comes with the horizontal dropouts: the only way to fly IMHO, ditto the SS ebike chain. 8)

Back