• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Beta CA build for R/C controllers

hi all.

I've just got my motor spinning with the RCCA, but it will only go from 0 to WOT. nothing in between. Checking with my basic ossyscope I have gives me a max T of ~2.2ms, and a min of ~0.8ms, but nothing in between. at about 10% throttle it goes strait from .8 to 2.2. Any ideas? I've checked the throttle, which appears to function fine. No shorts, and the motor spins at just under 4krpm, for a 170kv on about 22V thats about right for WOT.

edit 2
still having problems. I've tried with a 2nd throttle, same problem. I also noticed that the amp reading is both -ve, and waaaay off... by a factor of 10 (I've got the shunt value set correctly). Confirmed with a multimeter.

-------------

edit

Check this out mate... http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=38766
http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/e-bent/rc_drive/rc_cycle_analyst.htm
might help ya out.

RWP said:
Questions about connecting up my new CA-LRC

I am so looking forward to better throttle control!!!
Thanks in advance for your help!

I have decided not to use the BEC.

I took the CA apart and have wrapped the yellow around the red wire. Shall I solder the yellow to red? (attach Y-to-R)View attachment 3
In the attachment (to-controller) I am not sure what to do with the yellow wire (the other end of which I soldered to the red wire in the CA)?View attachment 2
In the attachment (throttle) - does the pic show the correct attachment point from the CA? I know I have to find each end of the pot (2 wires from the Magura), but I don't know what the third wire is. What is this wire? Can you tell me what the connections are from the Magura to the CA throttle connector (I know I have to cut off the connector)?View attachment 1
EDIT...What wires go to the shunt?
Thanks again, Roy

Bjorntsc said:
The buy section is gone.
I really want one of these.

Hey, I guess it wasn't made super clear in this thread but the custom R/C model of the V2 CA's has been discontinued for some time. In large part due to the encouraging response from the users here, I included all of the special R/C related functionality as standard along with a whole lot of other features in the V3 CA device. It is available and described here:

http://www.ebikes.ca/store/store_CAV3.php

The things that were required for RC controller use are a minimum start speed, which is at Setup Speed Lims -> Strt Speed, and the ability to put have a variable 1-2 mS pulse width output rather than an analog voltage output. That is done in Setup Throt Out -> Output Mode

We haven't been making the custom "RC Shunt" interface for facilitated plug and play type wiring into a system, though that is on the agenda. The basics in any case are fairly straightforward with the normal CA shunt, you just need to pull the green throttle signal from the Cycle Analyst connector and feed that as the servo input pulse to your RC speed control. With some speed controllers you may also need a 5V line as discussed earlier in this thread.

-Justin

Hello,
I would like the Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 kv Brushless Outrunner Motor 6354-245
with LiIon accumulator 7S and the Cycle Analyst V3.

Which RC Controler is good for it.

Thanks

Nice bike! I see the family sticker, are you in Santa Cruz by chance?

Help me out guys.

I am trying to get this working with a Mamba XL2 and I cannot seem to pass the arming sequence. I get beeps showing that it has registered full throttle and full brake. It never confirms that I am in "neutral" though, even when the throttle is twisted to about half.

In hind sight I should not have gotten a car esc. Any thoughts?

ls7corvete said:
Help me out guys.

I am trying to get this working with a Mamba XL2 and I cannot seem to pass the arming sequence. I get beeps showing that it has registered full throttle and full brake. It never confirms that I am in "neutral" though, even when the throttle is twisted to about half.

In hind sight I should not have gotten a car esc. Any thoughts?

Nevermind... :roll:

Back