• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

BH e-motion NEO City 2014

NAX

1 µW
I bought a new NEO City bike with new Samsung bateries and a new controller. I have ridden 400 km during march and is well pleased with it. There is a few things I'd like to mention and possibly find a solution to.
Ofcause there is the 25km/h assist speed restriction, but it works better then first expected. I thought it would just cut the motor when passing the speed limit and leave all motion overt to me, but it seems or feels like it still takes care of all the power needed up to 25, and I have to put in the rest. On flat parts, I can easily keep 30 km/h++ and feel that I get good help with keeping this speed. If I set indicator to "no assist" during riding in 30km/h it get much harder to keep up the speed.
Along with most others, I would also like to get an additional 5-7 kh/h assisted power ;), but I can live with it.
The controller counts hours in 10's, so my typical ride home from office takes 0,8 hours. This is plane stupid and I guess this is a glitch from the producers. I've made a complauint both to the dealer (wich responded wit "thats how it is... periode") and to BH via their website. Hopefully I can get it patched or recieve a new one. It's just rediculous the have to buy and use another computer when one already present.
The trip reset is also not mentioned correct in the manuals. It takes two buttons over 3 sec. to reset it ( minus + on/off).
The bike has a quick-set function for the handlebar, but it only adjust the height and horizontal angle, but my handlebar is a bit offset to the front wheel, and I have no idea how to loosen it to line it up.

I'm very pleased with the bike in general and love to ride it. It is very up-rised, something I need for my bad back. THe cross models are to forward leaned for my back, so this city model suites me perfect.
I can reconmend it for everyone that need a bike to commute without warp-speed, and it climb hills like a rocket.
The supposed 90 km range can only be reached in your dreems, but 40-45 km with a hill here and there is no problem with my 100kg body. Yes... I'm not a greek god nor am I well trained. The bar for bike commuting to work every day was far to high, but a electric motor just about lowered the bar enough for me to commit to this form of transportation. Maybe a bi-effect can be a few kilos less in the fall.

So, if anyone know how to set the controller to count hours/minutes like everyone else, please help me out.
Good luck with tricking the speed limiter.

Why is counting time in .10 of an hour a problem? Are you looking for minute resolution?

Yes. Hours are not devided in 10s. 1,2 hours can be 1h12m or 1h18 m, and for a bike computer thats just not acurate enough.

:) i guess this is not the forum for factory made bikes... Maybe a custom ride will be a project another year

I am not sure what limits are in the country you live in - but on 48v, the BH Xtrem is much faster. The battery on the city looks the same.
The alternative is the Nitro

Back