BladeZ EX350 Electric Scooter Brake Assembly

Joecool

1 W
Hi there. I recently received a free beat up Bladez EX350 scooter that was missing the brake caliper assembly. Im looking for the front brake caliper assembly. Its a front handbrake on the left-side of the scooter. I cant seem to find the caliper assembly online anywhere. Ive found a universal caliper assembly but not a Bladez specific and wonder if this model is universal or proprietary. Ive found the brake lever and wire for it but not the calipers. To make it more confusing, it seems to come with a black and red wire that seems to plug into the controller. I have no open ports and cant seem to understand where the black and red wire will go for power Im assuming. I was guessing that it was hand powered. So if anyone has one of these scooters, would a universal front brake caliper fit on this model and where does the red and black wire coming out of the hand brake plug into the controller at? The controller on this model is NB551. Thanks for any help.

I thought Id answer my own question. The red and black cable wire are to stop the motor when the brake is applied. I removed that wire from the new brake handle I ordered since the controller does not have that option anyway. Also used a V brake for the front brake system and not a caliper brake.

Nice too hear you sorted a decent front brake, I findvtge front is by far the most important, what voltage you at ?

Its a stock 24V 350W motor and controller. Its about 10 years old and it was given to me about a week ago. I wont lie, once I got it running, I cant stop driving it, it is a lot of fun to ride these things. Im using my own lipos in it since the SLAS were shot. Using 1 6S 13A 35C lipo and for longer runs I use 2 of them in parallel. It has a big deck for plenty of big batteries. Now i want to upgrade the motor and controller to another 24V 750W or 48V 100W system. Not sure which yet.

I used the 48v 1000w with a 3kw controller and its the most torque on a scooter ive felt it would literally climb anything and topped out at 30mph very fun little toy.
I'll be honest though get a 1600w brushless motor and a 48v-72v 1500w sunwin and run 12s its a very good combo for a budget.

Its funny you said that because it seems I can get a 48V 1600W motor and controller for about the same as a 24V 750W motor and controller. Id have to modify the frame a bit to get the motor to fit but no big deal really. My only concern with doing that is would the rest of the stock scooter handle that much torque and power? Like the tires, bearings,etc? What kind of scooter did you do that to?

Attachments

• Bladez_EX_350.jpg
    Bladez_EX_350.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,149
  • 20160905_194551-min(1).jpg
    20160905_194551-min(1).jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 1,149
  • 20160905_194719-min.jpg
    20160905_194719-min.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 1,149
  • 20160905_195058-min.jpg
    20160905_195058-min.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 1,149
It looks no weaker than the Chinese frame setup a Vbrake might need changing of the blocks every few rides but it will work.the bearings won't be the problem they are fairly robust its how well balanced the wheel is how true the rim is etc.

I believe this scooter has a #25 chain and motor sprocket and wheel sprocket. Any idea if the t8f 8mm are compatible with the #25? Im assuming no so Ill have to buy a t8f wheel sprocket as well as t8f chain to complete the upgrade. All the 48V 1000W motors Ive seen all use the t8f. I believe the motor shafts are 12mm thick where as mine is 8-9 mm thick on the 350W motor. Also what gear ratio are you running. My stock 24V system has a 13T and a 70T giving me a 5.4 gear ratio. Should I try to match that gear ratio on the 48V system?

No they are not compatable If you can get hold of the t8f chain and sprocket at a cheap price its a worthy upgrade the 1000w motor will stretch the #25 first sight of a strain going up hill etc the 1000w even stretches the t8f.

My 48v system will be here soon. my wheel sprocket is 70T and I have an 11 and 13 tooth motor sprocket. so a 5.4 and 6.4 gear ratio respectively. for a 48v system and having a 250 lb auw, which one do your favor. I'm thinking the 6.4, Since that will give me a little more torque for hill climbing with a little less top speed. not sure what 48v system for scooters are geared at.

Back