Bmsb bottle battery?

oobagooba

100 W
I need a 48v ~12ah 18650 battery pack. Panasonic-09 for $400 shipped looks decent https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-battery/684-48v116ah-bottle-09-panasonic-battery-charger-battery.html

Questions for anyone who's recently bought a bmsb-09...

1. What are the recent odds I will get this battery within a month of ordering? 20%, 90%, etc.

2. What are the recent odds they will hit me for more shipping charges after I've paid?

3. What are the odds it will actually have Panasonic cells & 11.6 ah?

4. What are the odds the battery & charger will work for a year or more?

5. What is the probable max discharge current of this pack? (bmsb isn't saying)

6. Does it come with an output wiring harness? If so, what connector is on the free end? (bmsb isn't saying)
thanks for any help

Continuous discharge current: 20A

20 amps is credible.. i would not attempt to use this with a 40 amp controller.

From payment to getting it in your hands in 1 month, not likely.

chargers, don't bring them along, leave them at home on a stable desk and you should be fine if it does not fail in the first week.

very likely they come back asking for extra shipping charges... this is usually negotiable.. offer them half of what they come at you with. :wink:

oobagooba said:
I need a 48v ~12ah 18650 battery pack. Panasonic-09 for $400 shipped looks decent https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-battery/684-48v116ah-bottle-09-panasonic-battery-charger-battery.html

Questions for anyone who's recently bought a bmsb-09...

1. What are the recent odds I will get this battery within a month of ordering? 20%, 90%, etc.

2. What are the recent odds they will hit me for more shipping charges after I've paid?

3. What are the odds it will actually have Panasonic cells & 11.6 ah?

4. What are the odds the battery & charger will work for a year or more?

5. What is the probable max discharge current of this pack? (bmsb isn't saying)

6. Does it come with an output wiring harness? If so, what connector is on the free end? (bmsb isn't saying)
thanks for any help

1. I have received all three of my last orders from BMS Battery within 2 weeks, one included the new "dolphin style"battery. They never send a tracking #, which is a little anoying, but I have learned to trust them.

2. I have made more than a dozen of orders over the years and they have never contacted me about additional charges.

3. It's been documented here that they are genuine.

4.Very good. One thing about BMS B. is, they sell so many batteries, the stock rotates quickly. The charger is probably the weakest link. If it were me, I would order a more powerful unit and keep the supplied charger for a spare.

5. It's in the spec.s, 20 A continous. I just did a build for a friend using my Infineon 20 A which spikes over 25 A and a non-panasonic 09 and there are no cut=outs.

6. No wires, just a pr. of solder receptical pins in a compartment underneath.

FYI, This battery(Panasonic 09) has been reviewed over at Pedelics UK and they think highly of it. If I were not committed to Lipo, It's what I would buyy.

Batteries have to go with a particular courier that is not part of the automatic quote system. I thought this made it a 100% certainty that another bill will follow, as they tell us in the small print.

My 09 orders took 6 weeks. All my orders from them took 6 weeks, except a small order for a stock item. That took a couple of weeks. This may change now paypal have extended beyond 6 weeks, which I believe was the driving force behind everything taking 6 weeks. However, my batteries were manufactured the month I ordered them. They could be an item they order not stock. The feeling here is they hold controllers and nick-nacs but order in motors and batteries. Unless something similar is on the shelf. Then you just get whatever they need to sell.

This bears out across the many hundreds of posts I must of read, with just a few exceptions. Most of which I can undermine.

I fully expect a bill to follow, and a wait time around 6 weeks. I would wager upon it. The battery will carry the right cells, but will be tatty in some way.

OP is in Maine, USA. My experience is similar to motomech and I am in MD.

I could make a 13s4p pack that would be 12.8Ah, and do 60A peak burst for much cheaper. You need a bms and mount/case, though. :)

Maybe I need to buy these cases and BMS, and just sell a built kit with Model S cells.

What are you going to use it with ?
9fet 25a
mxus rear, beefed up gears & windings
f/s mtb + rider = 200+ lbs
mostly road w/hills to 8%
occasional dirt hills to 12%

999zip999 said:
Sounds great okashia could you make a pack that can deliver 40a. con. ? Or 30a. ?
40a for 10 min cont. (then reduce current to allow cells to cool)
30a cont. for sure.

I heard back from Jack at bmsb in a few hours on a question i asked, i take that as a good sign for communication.
Ordered up the panasonic-09 yesterday, will see how it goes. thanks for the help-

The hardest thing on this battery is hard starts and long hills plus heavy grocery bags ect.
Peddle starts and ride around that hill or if you can't peddle hard and back off the throttle for that hill. If the motor is bogging down it demands on the battery are maxed or over. Let us know how it works out for you. Plus how much did it add up to with shipping ?

Ypedal said:
how can anyone be a member on this forum for over 5 years and still not know how to spell PEDAL correctly.. dear lord.. :lol:

Maybe that's why he needs an E-bike :lol: :lol:

Ypedal religion is no 1 taboo please be careful.
What this means we all cross lines in a free forum. So as we can be caught in are own web of good ness or god ness or geek gogness we can step over the line.
Help Justin of the great North. Freedom ?
Comes with uncomfortable heat yes. But spellchecker ?
will I be ben because of leck off spelling ?
Does heart of help mean E..S or help and support of people with no name products usa, Canada, Australia,Russia,UK, will not make for 9,99$
For help
Really how many people have the brain power of Justin ( lover) and grounded.

999zip999 said:
Let us know how it works out for you. Plus how much did it add up to with shipping ?
Total was 399 shipped. I have an account to keep track, after 6 days status stays "testing." I emailed them, will see how it goes.

5 minutes after ordering from bmsb i found a gbk-09/48v for 10 bucks less shipped UPS http://www.greenbikekit.com/lithium-battery/li-ion/samsung-battery-48v-10ah-with-usb-output.html It pulses to 30a, bmsb doesn't list max, damn

I already have a 36v bottle from gbk, within a day i had a UPS tracking #, battery came in a week. With bmsb I used dhl (cheapest), hope that wasn't a mistake.

After a couple weeks my gbk36 was down a volt at full charge, another reason i want to try a different vendor. Also the bmsb has 1.6ah more rated cap than gbk. Maybe it's better to wait for a fresh pack, if it means they are building it new.

If i needed a china battery fast i'd order it from gbk. It's still winter here so i can wait, will see how it goes

Bmsb makes and moves lot's of batteries. So should be fresh. Always good to have more ah.
Hard to compare cells don't know what samsung cells being used.

lithium batteries do not decay and die from not being used or sitting on the shelf in some chinese resellers office.

if it is the cobalt chemistry then it is best to discharge them to storage voltage to conserve cycle life but this is not a problem for the lifepo4 to the same extent imo.

but i do not keep my lifepo4 at full charge either until ready to use and then i charge.

laptop lipo cans are kept at 4.20V permanently unless you unplug the charging cord and drain them down.

Ypedal said:
have had it happen a number of times, remove the end covers and shake out the solder splatter bits... :lol:

It turned out to be the wires tapping on the case. I taped them to each other and now the rattle is gone.

oobagooba said:
999zip999 said:
Let us know how it works out for you. Plus how much did it add up to with shipping ?
Total was 399 shipped. I have an account to keep track, after 6 days status stays "testing." I emailed them, will see how it goes.

5 minutes after ordering from bmsb i found a gbk-09/48v for 10 bucks less shipped UPS http://www.greenbikekit.com/lithium-battery/li-ion/samsung-battery-48v-10ah-with-usb-output.html It pulses to 30a, bmsb doesn't list max, damn

I already have a 36v bottle from gbk, within a day i had a UPS tracking #, battery came in a week. With bmsb I used dhl (cheapest), hope that wasn't a mistake.

After a couple weeks my gbk36 was down a volt at full charge, another reason i want to try a different vendor. Also the bmsb has 1.6ah more rated cap than gbk. Maybe it's better to wait for a fresh pack, if it means they are building it new.

If i needed a china battery fast i'd order it from gbk. It's still winter here so i can wait, will see how it goes

I have a critique on this gbk battery, I had one in my hands. They remove the fuse, they don't use extra insulator on cell positive terminals. Also, they use some shitty bms, that was the problem, it broke down, I had to replace it. They use samsung 25R cells which are too strong for this case, you will never use their potential (weak terminals on case). Panasonic PF or Samsung 29E are better choice. Also, they use 36 V voltmeter (those 4 indication leds) on 48 V pack, so it always shows full.

riba2233 said:
I have a critique on this gbk battery, I had one in my hands. They remove the fuse, they don't use extra insulator on cell positive terminals. Also, they use some shitty bms, that was the problem, it broke down, I had to replace it. They use samsung 25R cells which are too strong for this case, you will never use their potential (weak terminals on case). Panasonic PF or Samsung 29E are better choice. Also, they use 36 V voltmeter (those 4 indication leds) on 48 V pack, so it always shows full.
That's interesting. Can you bypass the case terminals and run your own wires to the pack?

As for bmsb. After a week my status page said "testing." I emailed them to see if they shipped, no response.
After another week i emailed them again, got 3 responses. 1 from Jack, "sorry we've been busy, will ship now." 2 from someone else saying it won't ship dhl (the cheapest, which i chose), or fedex (next cheapest), instead it will be UPS.

Update, looks like they shipped it yesterday according to the UPS tracking# they sent me today.

So it took 2 weeks for them to ship, they upgraded it from dhl to ups without hitting me up for more. On their shipping page ups is $30 more than dhl. So i can't complain about the charges.

Final update, after a week it arrived, good shape, packed better than a battery i got last year from gbk. Like gbk looks like it drop shipped from a warehouse but who knows. No instructions but it was easy enough to figure out.

Back