Bought a new controller. Can't get it to work. -SOLVED

UPDATE!

So I got the LED today and hooked it up. I have mostly the same results except when I press the 6km/h button, the motor continues to spin but at a low speed.

Do you have a PAS fitted? Does it work? Did you check your throttle signal to see that it's behaving normally?

pas is not conected. there is nothing to connect It to. I retested the throttle, it appears to be working properly,

I have the exact same controller as you that I received a couple of days ago. I am so frustrated with it because I can't seem to get it working at all. On the LCD wires, I shorted yellow/black and red/blue based on some information I received elsewhere.

I have throttle connected to red/green/black, halls and phase connected and the battery hooked up and I get a spark when connecting the battery but nothing from the throttle.

I'm really upset because I bought this kit due to:

1. It was a US seller so I would get it quickly (at a premium).
2. It was advertised as LCD-optional.

I don't really know what to do at this point.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByCgAs8JOPUAREdENVlaRENuVFE&authuser=0

anon0973923 said:
I have the exact same controller as you that I received a couple of days ago. I am so frustrated with it because I can't seem to get it working at all. On the LCD wires, I shorted yellow/black and red/blue based on some information I received elsewhere.

I have throttle connected to red/green/black, halls and phase connected and the battery hooked up and I get a spark when connecting the battery but nothing from the throttle.

I'm really upset because I bought this kit due to:

1. It was a US seller so I would get it quickly (at a premium).
2. It was advertised as LCD-optional.

I don't really know what to do at this point.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByCgAs8JOPUAREdENVlaRENuVFE&authuser=0

If it really is the same controller I have then the throttle needs to be connected to the RED WHITE and BLACK cable (not red green black)

Well everybody, I had to throw in the towel on that controller and bought a new one from China. I came today and I installed it.

Everything works now. In fact the bike is performing better than it ever has. I have no idea why the other controller didn't work properly I am returning it.

The one minor thing that bothers me is, on my test ride, after about two blocks there was a slight burning smell coming from the bike...

I stop and felt the controller and wires for heat. The controller was barely warm. The phase wires were a little warmer but not HOT. So maybe it was just new controller smell burning off? Should I be worried about this?

Thank you for this thread, as I experience the same issue, I will buy a new controller and it will hopefully help me. Thanks again :thumb:

Back