Brushless dual 6kw ALIEN Power system - electric longboard

some lovely new arrival at Alien..... wicked colours!! and the Flywheels will be here today also- 76mm and 90mm ( I will be doing a package deal ), the mounts should hopefully be next week..My CNC shop is very busy at the moment but they've promised to fit them in ..
I can now start to build my new carbon decked dual 42mm,90mmm flys !! yippee.. and ill document the build from start to finish!! so keep watching
IMG_1200_zps4396b48b.jpg

Have you gone with to 50 or 44 Calibers? I went 50s because I really want maximum carve at pedestrian speeds and 30 is really my top speed with my 190kv.

Hi guys.

New custom motors are available.

MOTOR: 5065
KV: 270 or 230
MAX POWER: 2200W
WIRE WINDS: 9-10
MAX AMP: 60A
ESC: 80/120A
MAX VOLT: 8S
RESISTANCE (Ohm): .42
NO LOAD CURRENT: 1,5
SIZE: 50 x 65 ( without shaft )
WEIGHT (g): 0,380
SHAFT: 6mm with 3mm keyway
Accessory pack: Yes

MOTOR: 4260
KV: 300
MAX POWER: 1500W
WIRE WINDS: 18
ESC: 80/100A
MAX VOLT: 6S
RESISTANCE (Ohm):
NO LOAD CURRENT:
SIZE: 42 x 60 ( without shaft )
WEIGHT (g): 0,220
SHAFT: 5mm with 2mm keyway

Sensored system test for next week, plus custom ESC.

Regards
20130913_142432 (FILEminimizer).jpg

simonjook said:
Have you gone with to 50 or 44 Calibers? I went 50s because I really want maximum carve at pedestrian speeds and 30 is really my top speed with my 190kv.
I've got give 50 and a pair of 44 to test clearance and performance ..

I would say simply 50 for cruisers and 44s for speed nuts :) Some say the 44s are near useless if not top deck mounted as they really need the leverage to get any feel... but all that stuff is very much personal preference.

Hey simon would you have any spare bits? Just need the clamp part of your motor mount. Happy to pay. Where do you live, l’m in Geelong.

I'm in Bris. i hope to run off some clamps tomorrow (fingers crossed) for some other Brissie riders but only on the wood CNC so they don't have the precision finish you get from Aliens but of course you don't get beaten up by the postage and the clamps I've done so far work well. Give a PM and we can talk about what you need.

brunotollot said:
Hi guys.

New custom motors are available.

MOTOR: 5065
KV: 270 or 230
MAX POWER: 2200W
WIRE WINDS: 9-10
ESC: 80/120A
MAX VOLT: 8S
RESISTANCE (Ohm): .42
NO LOAD CURRENT: 1,5
SIZE: 50 x 65 ( without shaft )
WEIGHT (g): 0,380
SHAFT: 6mm with 3mm keyway
Regards

cool, where can I get such motor??

I'm in suspense of the caliber trucks motor mount :) will be nice I think.

Here's my pocket- mini board rebuild. Now finished !
http://www.elektro-skateboard.de/forum/bilder/eigenbau+e-boards+und+metroboard+stuff-90/a-2439.jpg
http://scratcher.de/cityboard/pocket.htm

I reached a weight of ~ 3,37 Kg complete and it drives wonderful, 33 km/H max. and a nice range (~ 20km).
It's easy to kick-push without using the motor. For me it is perfect to handle in the city.

greetings ChriZZ

DJChriZZ said:
brunotollot said:
Hi guys.

cool, where can I get such motor??

I'm in suspense of the caliber trucks motor mount :) will be nice I think.

Here's my pocket- mini board rebuild. Now finished !
http://www.elektro-skateboard.de/forum/bilder/eigenbau+e-boards+und+metroboard+stuff-90/a-2439.jpg
http://scratcher.de/cityboard/pocket.htm

I reached a weight of ~ 3,37 Kg complete and it drives wonderful, 33 km/H max. and a nice range (~ 20km).
It's easy to kick-push without using the motor. For me it is perfect to handle in the city.

greetings ChriZZ
yes i admit i love the handling of Bruno 33" earthwing miniglider-- it just loves to wheelie!! i just didn't want to damage his deck-
the motors can be bought here
-http://alienpowersystem.com/product-category/brushless-motors/
The caliber mounts I've been promised will be finished this week- so hopefully ready for sale Monday at the latest.
[youtube]RMOh9acQELs[/youtube]

DJChriZZ said:
The deck is 57,4 cm long / short :)
A guy from this website made the deck:

http://shop.jes-products.de/index.php/mini.html

It drives very well, shorter is not good to drive but this is minimum for easy cruising. whelbase is 41 cm.
Cool. That's pretty small. I've been thinking about making a smaller board. Something easier to carry around. Maybe stuff it into my backpack. Or maybe a telescoping board.

My current deck was something I had lying around. I thought it was short at 48.3 cm (19-inch) wheelbase. But it grows on you. Not good for crazy speeds, but fun for everything else.

The have finally arrived!! I received the Caliber mounts from my supplier today but due to a miscommunication error -I only have Right Hand ones so a rear dual drive is not possible until they send me the LH brackets.. A dual diagonal or single drive is fine..
I also received the 40T and 44T pulley wheels which again need testing with the 42mm motor/76mm/90mm wheel combo .Im just waiting on a the new motors and a dual 120a ESC from bruno to do that.
I have sent some for anodising and I need to do some test riding,so i hope to have them for sale next week some time.. I'm sorry for the much delayed launch but what look such simple brackets they have been through many changes to enable them to be compatible with all other Alien brackets and be a nice sliding fit on the tapered caliber truck
The final design is about 30 grammes heavier than the very first design I did but they are a lot more robust .
some taster shots of all the motors mounted- 40mm,50mm and 63mm- and once again thanks for your patience
40mm
IMG_1265_zps05aea8f8.jpg

50mm
IMG_1274_zps0a993b43.jpg

63mm
IMG_1263_zpsc17cd089.jpg

THE TEST BED
IMG_1268_zpsa29afaf5.jpg

IMG_1266_zps7efa242d.jpg

90 mm WHEEL ,EASILY CLEARS.
IMG_1259_zpse4cc3ec7.jpg

Wow, that looks nice. Great mounts, perfect for building a new board :) I don't know the caliber trucks but I heard only good things about these trucks.

DJChriZZ said:
Wow, that looks nice. Great mounts, perfect for building a new board :) I don't know the caliber trucks but I heard only good things about these trucks.
It would appear any longboarder worth their salt seems to have a pair of these in the garage!!lol- they are really rigid and the brackets are super strong and really easy to fit and align.. unfortunately I've now to go out and test my board for many hours___ :D oooh the choirs i have to do!! lol

nice looking mounts :)!
got a question, since im quite new to eLongboards:
What motor/battery setup would you recommend, when i want to a have a topspeed of atleast 25mph(~40kmh)?
Only need to be able to go ~10km/charge.

thanks

ZENco. said:
nice looking mounts :)!
got a question, since im quite new to eLongboards:
What motor/battery setup would you recommend, when i want to a have a topspeed of atleast 25mph(~40kmh)?
Only need to be able to go ~10km/charge.

thanks
Hi
Your best speaking to Bruno at alien power systems about motor set up but I can suggest a dual. 50mm that will give easily that speed , good hill climbing and around 10-12 miles easily ..

just to show a few of the designs i went through (there are more) before i decided on the current one-
IMG_12831_zpsd56e0bad.jpg

I also went on a test run on the commuter now fitted with the new caliber mounts -
IMG_12781_zps5ceaf311.jpg

I have to say -these trucks and mounts have transformed the way the deck handle and in particular,Brakes... its a lot more stable and the brakes seem a lot harder now and even at low speeds and this is before I try Brunos new firmware out that has improved braking and soft start...just a little vid of the test - again I apologise for the poor quality - I was testing.. :)
[youtube]7zlX8HLygmk[/youtube]

I also think you may now use the 63mm without a 1/2" riser and with the 50 and 42mm motors you might even be able to use - drop thru mount...as i've made it better clearance from the deck..
IMG_12811_zpsc8e15443.jpg

beetbocks said:
Lol .. Why do you say that? Am I wrong?

Trucks, like wheels are religious idols worshipped for the great imagined sexual prowess they instil in the rider and as such all other trucks are, of course, false idols.

Seriously though, what size motors are they? They look short - like 55mm long but looks like they wont fit back to back ... I was hoping something that size would.

simonjook said:
beetbocks said:

Trucks, like wheels are religious idols worshipped for the great imagined sexual prowess they instil in the rider and as such all other trucks are, of course, false idols.

Seriously though, what size motors are they? They look short - like 55mm long but looks like they wont fit back to back ... I was hoping something that size would.

Ok- i get the picture-lol
the motors on the this are the 50mm diameter just a tadge too long- although you might get them in at a squeeze!!

beetbocks said:
simonjook said:
beetbocks said:

Ok- i get the picture-lol
the motors on the this are the 50mm diameter just a tadge too long- although you might get them in at a squeeze!!

Oh that's a shame. I was hoping to squeeze in a pair of 54mms in. Looks like I have no hope.

Back