Brushless dual 6kw ALIEN Power system - electric longboard

well- finally you might say!! I have listed all the caliber mounts on the website now--lots of choice in colour/gear ratios,rear dual mount (only 42mm motor). so as the say - fill your boots..
As usual any questions don't be afraid to ask!!
http://www.aliendrivesystems.com/shop.html
IMG_1344_zps4f6413ae.jpg

Hi guys.

The new program software is ready for the 12S ESC model. Just need to create a new website page to put it in with the firmware. Send me a PM if you want me to send the instructions on how to download and update the firmware. You will be able to set a better brake ( 0-10-20.....100% brake), to set the start power, to eliminate the start issue ( if you have it), to set power limit etc.

My suggestion for the setting are: All factory default except:

-Timing monitor off ( this is a fuction that the RC User need)
-timing degrees( need to be tested for the motors you are running). This is very important for the correct motor-ESC working. Normally outrunner are between 15 and 30. Better is the setting, better is the motor response, less noise, less heat
-brake 25% (old setting). 30% (new setting)
-LVC hard at 3.4-3.5v
-acceleration soft
-reverse OFF
-power limit (your choice) if you find the system too powerful

Regards

beetbocks said:
well- finally you might say!! I have listed all the caliber mounts on the website now--lots of choice in colour/gear ratios,rear dual mount (only 42mm motor). so as the say - fill your boots..

Looking pretty fine.

After taking in to account customer feedback and talking to all my suppliers I have managed to drop the prices of all my kits. Please also note that the motor pulleys are now included in the Kits-these used to be an extra cost on top.
I hope these prices are more satisfactory.

SOLD

already miss it......

Hi Guys. Here the test board for sale. We working on too many project, so no point to keep all.

he board cost 712 pounds. I'm selling for 550.

Decck. 90
Trucks. 50
Wheels. 45
Transmission kit. 189
ESC and motors kit. 169
Battery. 60
Parts. 90
Charger system. 45
Transmitter. 25

The parts means: bolts, nuts, spacers, grip tape, switch, battery box, wires, connectors etc.

The board is included with the charger system we will put on the plug & play system. You need just connect the adapter to the main socket ( please specific 110-220v ) and the custom 6s flat battery will be charged in balance mode.

Regards

20131003_114912 (FILEminimizer).jpg

daverobson08 said:
That's great news beetbocks, makes me less inclined to make my own mount now!

A quick aside - I don't see the battery covers listed on your site anymore, have you stopped supplying them? Apologies if this has already been mentioned.
Brilliant that's what i hope- i know it may seem a large amount of money but CNC parts don't come cheap- not to mention all the time spent designing it and perfecting it- I'm afraid ,I'm a bit of a victim of my own success- as they look really simple to make and to fit- so people think that means they are cheap to make- but that's just because I've designed it that way- and actually there 3 different operations on a CNC mill to get them finished..
The covers I have removed as I have to manufacture each one by hand and the Vacuum forming process is not an exact science and is really only meant for prototype work and many times the covers don't come out perfect every time so there's a lot of waste-( and every wasted mold is money wasted) and they take a long time to trim and sand to shape but i couldn't charge a great deal for them because they dont (in my opinion) look that professional and then when you add postage _( which is quite high due to the size- not the weight) and i just wasn't happy selling them..\i suppose i could do a couple one off for customers....:)

Are you CNC'ing them because you have the opportunity to do this? I would think these parts can be lasered quite easily, which is cheaper.

Murfix said:
Are you CNC'ing them because you have the opportunity to do this? I would think these parts can be lasered quite easily, which is cheaper.

you can only laser outer profiles- you cannot laser cut pockets and threaded holes so the mounts and hubs have to be machined anyway-
Laser cutting Alloy gives a poor outer finish also. ...the motor brackets are actually waterjet cut now which gives a much better surface finish ( in Alloy anyway)

beetbocks said:
Murfix said:

you can only laser outer profiles- you cannot laser cut pockets and threaded holes so the mounts and hubs have to be machined anyway-
Laser cutting Alloy gives a poor outer finish also. ...the motor brackets are actually waterjet cut now which gives a much better surface finish ( in Alloy anyway)
I guess you could laser the hole thing except for the pockets and then drill and/or tap where needed. I think it would still be cheaper although more manual labor would be involved. I agree on the surface quality though!

well I thought i'd add a bit of colour to my commuter board!! i love the red... :D :D :D :D :D nothing like a bit of colour in your life...really sets of the motors nicely..
I am also looking at the possible fitment of the trucks in the drop through..I think they will fit with the smaller motors anyway..ill let you all know
IMG_1399_zpsa78aa428.jpg

IMG_1398_zps88f5c524.jpg

IMG_1397_zps28346641.jpg

Hey guys I posted about some custom sized battery packs a while back, with built in Bms and balancing, just wanted to post some pics after lots of testing, cells stop discharging at 3.2v this is the voltage I have picked, and cuts charging at 4.2v
The cells stay perfectly balanced by that I mean with in 0.05v.
Takes 1 hours to charge with a 5ah charger, 1.5hours with a 3ah charger.
After some time fighting with the engineer on methods of incorporating a switch that will work we have managed to so while keeping the size down. This switch cuts power to the esc through a relay like manner incorporated into the Bms so we can use any sized switch like a push button, toggle, rx/rx if you really wanted to.
Bruno and I are just discussing some other options and better sizes, but let us know what you think.
Sorry about the look just a sample ATM lol.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

jacobbloy said:
Hey guys I posted about some custom sized battery packs a while back, with built in Bms and balancing, just wanted to post some pics after lots of testing, cells stop discharging at 3.2v this is the voltage I have picked, and cuts charging at 4.2v
Looks like a great size. What are the actual dimensions?

rf said:
jacobbloy said:
Looks like a great size. What are the actual dimensions?

140mm x 170mm x 18mm 6s 5000mah 20c but we will be producing 25c
ATM price is a little high as it is an expensive exercise to create a Bms that can handle that much current flow constantly.
So if you would like to order one let me know and I can calculate the price ATM,

Nikimce said:
wow thats amazing! How many cells? How much are you selling them for?

I would say about $150 us ATM with charger, but that price will go down as soon as I can afford to order 100 plus battery's lol

Wow, would be awesome to charge on board with built in balancing! One thing you could consider is leaving the 2s packs a little more seperated so the whole pack would be flexible to fit the concave of any deck.

furp said:
Wow, would be awesome to charge on board with built in balancing! One thing you could consider is leaving the 2s packs a little more seperated so the whole pack would be flexible to fit the concave of any deck.

That is some thing to consider thanks, can u ask would every one prefer the. 2s configuration or 3s?
The 3s configuration would be 140mm x 130mm x 27mm
We will have to consider if it is a safe option for your battery's but we might offer an add on Bms and balance charger and high powered switch that can add into your original battery packs and connecting a couple together in series and parallel you could use them with ebikes, scooters ect

I would love something fitting the height of the 120a dual alien ESC, so 2s I guess. Would love to have a battery like that plus the new 42mm caliber setup for my new homebuilt deck.

An addon for balance charging onboard and a small switch would be awesome and bring the diy boards way closer to the convenience of something like boosteds.

When the price drops a little more it would be awesome. However, compared to the price of battery + charger + powersupply for starters, 150 dollar already seems like a good deal.

I was having a look at all of my local DIY e-skate links while I'm recovering from snapping ligaments in my knee coming off my board lol and came across the kickr on kickstarter I'm sure you have all seen them:) http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/424686603/kickr-electrify-every-longboard

I though I have a lot of stuff lying around I could easily make some thing like this.
The official kickr has been refined a lot more and been improved but this hole DIY took me 10 mins lol
image.jpg
Using Richards original smaller motor motor mount I just bored out the hole at the end to be 8mm
I have a 8mm 24mm long coupler In my shed and a 8mm x 20mm alien key nut.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I have some of Bruno's 42mmx60mm 300kv motors so I used that.
Bolted it all together and know I have a working electrified set of Paris trucks.
I used orangatang stimulas wheels 70mm I could get to 72.5mm balut wheels with out modifying the motor mount to much but it works!!!!! Got my brother to test drive it as I'm not gonna risk dislocating my knee again:)
image.jpg
image.jpg
View attachment trim.3B61C042-8176-4D28-B87C-69DE62DE10E7.MOV

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,002
Back