Build an ebike in 3 minutes

hillbilly

10 W
North Cascade foothills west of Mount Baker, WA
Build u an ebike in 3 minutes for $269 complete.

http://cleanrepublic.com/hill_topper_electric_bike_conversion_kit.html

It takes me longer than that to change my socks or boil an egg. I feel very inadequate. :cry:

Interesting throttle idea. Installing the throttle is usually a PITA, and may not be too compatible with your shifters.

Cool, they'll probably sell a ton of em. People want easy. Is that a Bafang? And it looks like a momentary on/off throttle , all you'd really need at low power.

Small SLA battery = big peukert effect. Plus: 8ah get >1.2C discharge under full load (hills)... short use, short life.

It would make sense for a "ticket-of-entry", followed by upgrade options.

I think I get away as good as I do because it's flat here. I usually get 10 mi. from 7.5 ah sla with pedalling. Hills would kill em quick I'm sure.

Hmmm... no torque arms... Maybe doesn't matter at 250W? No mention whether bike forks need to be steel or if aluminum is OK? Easy to attach batt pack... easy to detach/steal? "AC hub motor"? ...kinda doubt that...
lLoc

Did he just do that wheel up with his fingers?

And the cables need ties, one foot in that getting off and your in a real mess.

Yes, as above said, no torque arm, and you can add quite a bit of time. And more if it bird nests the wires.

The forks are kitten for a front hub so add some hospital time.

I prolly spend more time than most on my bike, the big SLA"S and acessories I indeed need. But it took me weeks to do a proper job. That dude so to say could of at least spent 15 minutes doing it a little more properly.

Nice find. I like it.

Company has good discussion group, handles questions like aluminum forks, torque arms. NOT proprietary on batteries, could use Nicad?

Looks like what many folks need for entry level into ebikes.

LIFETIME warranty on parts. USA parts support. Wheel comes spoked with tube and tire installed.

When he comes out with Lithium, watchout.

How is it in the rain? overheat on big hills? does it shut itself off if overloaded, or, self destruct? Tamper/theft proof? quality of connectors? Can we juice it to more volts?.

We need a test.

Did he only tighten the front hub with his fingers only? Imagine that, a finger tight front hub! That sounds like it will lead to a trip to the emergency room!

Ambrose

ambroseliao said:
Did he only tighten the front hub with his fingers only? Imagine that, a finger tight front hub! That sounds like it will lead to a trip to the emergency room!

Ambrose

Hopefully "tighten wheel nuts, pump up tires, secure wires, adjust brakes" are covered in the included installation instructions.

Could take you up to 10 minutes. Still NO Big Deal, unless NOT DONE, like you said.

edit: also add "top off battery with charger"
d

I just helped with an install of this kit. Front hub 250w 24v 8ah SLA brushless geared motor.

It does exactly what its supposd to do, works well. I cant give performance details as the bike was too small for me to ride.

(to do the install corerctly, it takes about an hour for motor, brakes, tire pressure, route and tie wrap cables, etc)

good economical light weight entry level kit for people that just want help with tougher terrain. Not a speed bike, just help with hills and headwinds. NO throttle, just a switch.

dealer answers phone, has help line forum, etc. Lifetime warranty.

d

Back