Burning smell from BBSHD at full throttle

saukit

10 mW
Hi all,
I wanted to see if anyone's experienced a burning smell from their BBSHD when under full throttle for a brief period of time. I was coming home from a friends house yesterday and decided to see how fast the bike would go on throttle only. I was on a gradual downhill and had the throttle pinned for 30 seconds or less probably, got up to about 31-32 mph.

After a brief period of time I started to smell something burning and immediately got off the throttle and rode the rest of the way home on PAS. The motor continued to work fine, and when I got home (less than 5 min from where I used throttle) I checked the motor temp by hand. It was warm but not hot, I could hold my hand on it no problem.

Is the smell something to be concerned about? I'm wondering if I should go to the trouble of pulling the motor off the bike and tearing it apart to see if anything looks burnt. It wasn't an overpowering smell and it went away quickly after I got off the throttle.

I ride this bike on PAS 99% of the time and very rarely use the throttle, is this smell normal when using a lot of throttle or did I break something? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Back