Buy ebike battery from PSW ?

Samuel_Trek

1 µW
I bought the 48v 12.5Ah pack for 172 euro's and I'm not complaining. Only got it for a few weeks so can't say anything about how long it will last but I am getting excellent range.

China cells... so I don't expect them to last for more then a what I got a warranty for, but that's ok.

I don't think there is a way to be unhappy, since they list their cells for each pack they sell so you know what you're getting. If I had paid 100 bucks more I'd have the 17.5Ah made up off SAMSUNG INR18650-35E3 cells which still sounds like a steal compared with many other places.

Edit: I bought from them through Ali though ->

Just make sure that you know if the BMS is a balancing type or not, so you can manually check for that if capacity starts to drop rapidly over some cycles.

Just make sure that you know if the BMS is a balancing type or not, so you can manually check for that if capacity starts to drop rapidly over some cycles.
Well that's the problem. How do you know what type of BMS it is ?
They can say anything, until you see it with your own eyes you cant be sure.

I bought the 48v 12.5Ah pack for 172 euro's and I'm not complaining. Only got it for a few weeks so can't say anything about how long it will last but I am getting excellent range.

China cells... so I don't expect them to last for more then a what I got a warranty for, but that's ok.

I don't think there is a way to be unhappy, since they list their cells for each pack they sell so you know what you're getting. If I had paid 100 bucks more I'd have the 17.5Ah made up off SAMSUNG INR18650-35E3 cells which still sounds like a steal compared with many other places.

Edit: I bought from them through Ali though ->
Did you open the battery case and saw which cells and BMS you got from them ?

Did you open the battery case and saw which cells and BMS you got from them ?

Absolutely not, I will not break that warranty seal until I either surpass it's time period or if there is an issue. After the scam pack I got from sossy, that at least had a balancing bms and it's the cheapest scam pos you can image ( well ok welding didn't look that terrible I guess and all that, but the promised 20Ah was in fact a 3p x 2.55Ah cell 'gem of a battery' ).

Well that's the problem. How do you know what type of BMS it is ?

Maybe measure voltage's during charging, if it keep 'charging' after 54.3v has been reached it's balancing? I can see that the deeper I discharge and the harder I rode, the longer this phase takes which makes sense. If I charge from 70% and just a few grocery runs the phase after reaching 54.3v might only take 15m, after discharging to 30% and riding it as hard as I can, that phase has taken at least two and a half hour iirc.

Pswpower to me seems to big to allow structural quality issues. Though it would be nice to see positive recommendations from people, I feel already happy not seeing negative one's.

Back